Carbon fiber gas tank

04LE

Registered
@c10 Just saw this on FB. Mods sorry I dont think I can attach pictures in PMs.

Someone should scoop that up, arent they over 1000 new?

Screenshot_20191203-215038_Samsung Internet.jpg

Oh that's nice ,but much to go wrong with a tank like that for me. Bladder or internal resins break down from ethanol fuel.
We have a very experienced guy on the zrx forum building one currently.
The educational info from him ,and others on the topic makes me think pass .

If they are anything similar to a fiber glass tank, my brother had one on a trials bike and it leaked all the time...he finally found an aluminum tank for it.

I was looking at CF tank. The guy at one CF place told me they don't make the tanks due to the liability. It's not like every accessory that says not for the street, these things are dangerous in a crash. I decided the aluminum tank from Yoshi was safer and only a bit heavier, but still a lot lighter than stock. To be honest, @kml tank is the hottest tank going IMHO. @Dai. has one too. It's $2K but it's huge weight savings and it's high on the bike so the handling impact should be pretty obvious.

I had a custom full carbon tank on a GSXR1100 , my mate had it made up , and eventually I had to junk it because it was indeed deteriorating from the inside out . I had an 750 RR aluminum tank to replace it , but the carbon was noticeably lighter again .
I would like it , it probably would be very nice piece , and that fella seems to know some pretty well known dudes , he doesn't seem like he would buy or offer bad parts .

I had a custom full carbon tank on a GSXR1100 , my mate had it made up , and eventually I had to junk it because it was indeed deteriorating from the inside out . I had an 750 RR aluminum tank to replace it , but the carbon was noticeably lighter again .
I would like it , it probably would be very nice piece , and that fella seems to know some pretty well known dudes , he doesn't seem like he would buy or offer bad parts .
HI. My CF tank is coated on the in side.

@ROADTOAD1340
I was just about to ask that. Why wont they coat the inside if it deteriorates over time??
I reckon they do nowadays , @michael parris heuberger maybe up to speed about this , since he has invested in one for Gunner Busa .
The GSXR custom made tank , was back from the early days '93 ish , when it was a newish material to work with .

Back