Carbon fiber cowl fitment... is this part junk?

Slowstang305

Registered
I love carbon but also love good fitment. Anyone running these? I'm broke right now, just looking for the future LOL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2017-...=0&customid=link&campid=&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2017-...=0&customid=link&campid=&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
s-l1600.jpg

@ROADTOAD1340 has some of those
I got some panels , but they are Magical Racing Japanese jobs . There are a lot of people doing carbon nowadays for Busa , pretty much something of good quality and value to suit every price range and taste . I think it can be a real bonus if you can read any customer reviews of any makers carbon products you are seeking first . The pictured set looks like it has all the fitment tags , and has the bonus of a separate second section , which allows easier access to your fuse box on the left side . I cannot verify for sure , but the pin lug that your plastic factory panels have that pops into the mount close to bottom of tank edge is delete , as are my set ( Not really a problem ) . Probably my only gripe is no last piece , the instrument surround , to top the set off . Maybe the sellers offers that as a seperate piece , worth a check .
Anyway , carbon pieces can add up quickly to a hefty sum , so have a good thorough search , and go for best build quality above all .
Good hunting lads .

I got some panels , but they are Magical Racing Japanese jobs . There are a lot of people doing carbon nowadays for Busa , pretty much something of good quality and value to suit every price range and taste . I think it can be a real bonus if you can read any customer reviews of any makers carbon products you are seeking first . The pictured set looks like it has all the fitment tags , and has the bonus of a separate second section , which allows easier access to your fuse box on the left side . I cannot verify for sure , but the pin lug that your plastic factory panels have that pops into the mount close to bottom of tank edge is delete , as are my set ( Not really a problem ) . Probably my only gripe is no last piece , the instrument surround , to top the set off . Maybe the sellers offers that as a seperate piece , worth a check .
Anyway , carbon pieces can add up quickly to a hefty sum , so have a good thorough search , and go for best build quality above all .
Good hunting lads .
Thank you for the response. Going to wait a little bit and place an order. They allow returns, we will see. Maybe in a few months...lol

Good hunting lads .
Great info toad!! That specific brand does, in fact, have the dash sorround pieces separate.

I have seen Magical Racing parts up close and personal, but not for a busa. Buddy of mine ordered a ton of their stuff for his ZX12, good quality and fitment. I agree with Toad, read customer reviews, and understand what you're reading. Nobody makes all their customers happy 100% of the time. The good ones will work to rectify issues, but if there are no negative reviews or comments at all, something is wrong.

It is straight forward job for fitment . You are best to give yourself plenty of time , so not hurried . 1st you remove side fairings , then remove fairing screen , then remove any remaining fasteners that are in view , on the all the plastic panels . There are other fasteners and a couple of push pins that aren't initially in view , so be sure to freed up all panels . Now everything also clips / presses together , so after all pieces freed of fasteners , you can carefully pull / break apart .
It is a long time ago I did this , but I remember undoing the 1 piece top plate / handle bar setup , still hooked up lines etc. and loosely sat on a towel , this is to allow room to reinstall that 1 big instrument piece .
Then remembering where your fasteners came from , go refit and carefully press it altogether . No forcing for either fitting or removal of course , and you will need to carefully peel of any foam from you standard bits and transfer them across to the new .
Here is another link to the Magical Racing jobs ,
https://japan.webike.net/products/2146799.html

It is straight forward job for fitment . You are best to give yourself plenty of time , so not hurried . 1st you remove side fairings , then remove fairing screen , then remove any remaining fasteners that are in view , on the all the plastic panels . There are other fasteners and a couple of push pins that aren't initially in view , so be sure to freed up all panels . Now everything also clips / presses together , so after all pieces freed of fasteners , you can carefully pull / break apart .
It is a long time ago I did this , but I remember undoing the 1 piece top plate / handle bar setup , still hooked up lines etc. and loosely sat on a towel , this is to allow room to reinstall that 1 big instrument piece .
Then remembering where your fasteners came from , go refit and carefully press it altogether . No forcing for either fitting or removal of course , and you will need to carefully peel of any foam from you standard bits and transfer them across to the new .
Here is another link to the Magical Racing jobs ,
https://japan.webike.net/products/2146799.html
I just got notice that my CF order from moto-works is being shipped from Osaka, Japan. That was Fast man!

Yeah , mine took a fair while , but as we know , so worth the weight ...wait !!
All this carbon talk has got me very close to buying something else for the L2 , but going to stay strong and keep to the plan and get her a stable mate !!
Hi. I would NOT ever put c
Yeah , mine took a fair while , but as we know , so worth the weight ...wait !!
All this carbon talk has got me very close to buying something else for the L2 , but going to stay strong and keep to the plan and get her a stable mate !!
Hi. I would never put carbon fiber frame covers on my bike NEVER. Now a carbon fiber frame that I would do!

Hi. I would NOT ever put c

Hi. I would never put carbon fiber frame covers on my bike NEVER. Now a carbon fiber frame that I would do!
IMHO there is nothing wrong with carbon frame covers. The only downside for me was no one made a full length carbon cover.

I think frame covers are a nice touch and really clean the bike up. I got gloss black for mine got swing arm covers too in process of powdercoating so I see no frame hardware. P

C30E5529-8783-46D8-A10D-5994B7E563CE.jpeg

49B2A1AD-C450-4BD3-B0F4-7C8A39E91984.jpeg

IMHO there is nothing wrong with carbon frame covers. The only downside for me was no one made a full length carbon cover.

I think frame covers are a nice touch and really clean the bike up. I got gloss black for mine got swing arm covers too in process of powdercoating so I see no frame hardware. P

View attachment 1587551

View attachment 1587552
Hi. I am all for carbon fiber all of my body work even the tank is carbon fiber. I think your bike is great and the frame covers do look good. For me if it does not add HP or make the bike lighter it is not for me

Back