Carbon fiber body work

Ben, you looking around 2000-3500 for the fairing kit, minus the tank depending on brand.
So... My next question would be... When I get the money saved up... Big bore or CF kit?
lose 10 lbs...and your good to go.  
biggrin.gif
Oh... so now I'm fat?
rock.gif

JK, I was leaning towards Big Bore and losing about 100 lbs.
tounge.gif
Not Fat, just FULL FIGURED
laugh.gif

Yes my bike known as the "DEATHDEALER" has featured in over 6 magazines including 2 Wheel tuner,Super streetbike,Cycle Dreams,Bikerspot,etc. It was my freshman debut. I just finished my sophomore build earlier this month it is called "RESSURECTION". It will be featured in a upcoming 2 Wheel Tuner issue.
2025.jpg

<!--EDIT|busafreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156197652 -->

No not calling you fat by any means, but I see a lot of guys switching to Carbon Fiber which is not cheap for a reduction in sprung mass...when the person riding it could trim down 10-30lbs.. and save a few grand....no insults I just try and keep it real.

I've heard lowering, extending and painting your Busa orange pearl is the way to ultimate speed. Only then can you find true enlightenment grasshoppa.

Ben, you looking around 2000-3500 for the fairing kit, minus the tank depending on brand.
So... My next question would be... When I get the money saved up... Big bore or CF kit?
depends if u wanna bling or if u wanna zing. me personally i turboed mine and had the stock plastics airbrushed and had the frame powdered while i was at it. i did consider a CF kit though. but decided agianst it. if u crash plastics are cheap and the engine is usually still okay. if u decide to do the CF be sure and tell your insurance about it right away

No not calling you fat by any means, but I see a lot of guys switching to Carbon Fiber which is not cheap for a reduction in sprung mass...when the person riding it could trim down 10-30lbs.. and save a few grand....no insults I just try and keep it real.
I know you were kidding. I could honestly lose about 100 myself. The CF would be for looks and weight reduction. I'd still need to tune the suspension, but that would be after the body mods (to myself AND if I CF the bike)
biggrin.gif

hey-Ben! Im saving for the OPP kit as soon as wedding is over...should have it before Xmas. Then Im beggin for some CF rims...dunno if Im getn Dymags or BSTs like GPW. If i am a REALLY good boy, maybe I'll get a powdercoated frame too!
smile.gif

But unlike you, im tryin to GAIN about 20lbs...stress from this wedding has me down to like 210...:(

I know you were kidding. I could honestly lose about 100 myself. The CF would be for looks and weight reduction. I'd still need to tune the suspension, but that would be after the body mods (to myself AND if I CF the bike)
biggrin.gif
Ben - Ok, welcome to the frickin Oprah show..ready...

First off, do the CF bodywork for looks, and forget about the weight savings. Full CF bodywork only save you a few pounds, and the biggest weight savings comes from the tank, but I've already explained the issues with the CF tanks.

Secondly, dude I wish I had 1/10th of the personality and sense of humor you had. If I had to put on 100Lbs for it (Forgeting about the health factors) I would choose to be big and happy than weigh what I do and have the issues I have.

Third, Do what you want to do. If you ask others for opinions, realize they are just opinions and not necessarily fact or truth. I've seen plenty of bad advice tossed out because others want you to make the same mistakes they did because it makes them feel better...Yah, real friends...huh.

#### if you want a full CF kit, and that is what you really want, you can do it for around $1,800.00 minus tank...but only do it because you love the look, and remember if you go to resell it your going to take a big loss...especially if a New Busa comes out. Yah, lots of guys are selling their big ticket Busa's and banking on the fact something newer is comming, and they dont want to be stuck holding onto a 25K bike they cant sell or should of sold before a Newer version came out....Not many people want an older model bike...even if its worth 25K...Just human nature.

One of the worst things I ever did was to start investing money into CF parts. They are expensive, they do shatter, and they are expensive...ok they save a little weight, but who are we fooling...our bike is sorta a Beast...even when you knock 50+lbs off...it is still heavy. CF looks pretty at first, but when you take a look at what you could of purchased for all the cash you drop in CF, you really start to wonder if you had a complete mental break down, or if money is just limitless to you...Might be the case as it is for some on this forum, but I know how hard you worked to get that Busa and don't want to see you throw your cash out the door just for looks....but if you want to go that route, you got my tele and I can hook you up with a few people out in WI than can do anything you want in CF.

John -val

<!--EDIT|Valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156213239 -->

210 lbs bigd? lay off the pipe kid
laugh.gif

jus' messin', much luv d, and congrats.

<!--EDIT|smokin_gunz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156214648 -->

oh! thats a low blow dawg!
biggrin.gif
yeah this planning stuff is drivn me nutz-and with the Busa laid up till after the ceremony, I got nothing to ease my pain...cept my herbal teas...and my other herbs
wink.gif

hey John-I need to holla at ya soon-goin to start work on my CF collection in bout a week...
smile.gif

Yep, thanks Valium, that's the pic, where do I get them....
Off my bike if you can catch me...lol

These are Catalyst...Might try giving them a call, Bonnie said they were going to make them again, but not sure if they ever did. S4L might have a set laying around...otherwise NJ might have a few sets in his vault...lol
I do have a set....
Thanks NJ, I think I am going to wait though. Gotta save up, did not know they were that high. Cf stuff is $$$$$

I'm intested in the ELF tail section....any ideas where to find one. I check out Air Tech didn't have that body section. Looks kinda like a GSX 1000.

anybody see those RedStripe Beer commercials?

"Boo crappy fiberglass body-panels...Hoo-Rayyyyy Carbon Fiber!"
biggrin.gif

thats my new motto-until I sober up and decide on something that makes sense
tounge.gif

that tail (elf bike) is a modified MV agusta tail
my understanding no one makes that tail
this is what my upper and lower look like BUT i have the intake vents where Noonan (in picture) has a turbo....no need for vents..................i'll get pictures together

<!--EDIT|notman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156246659 -->

airtech.jpg

Back