cAr drivers r nuts!!!!!!

gixxer

Registered
so far i've had mu 'busa for 6 weeks-in this time i would have to say that ive actually only had two ZX-9R's run me(beat both thank you)- what is up with all of these car drivers- i've had more cars pull up next to me and wanna run than anything else. From a Viper GTS to a new Vette with performance work done to lil' jap cars-- DOS THE 'BUSA SCREAM --LETS RACE--Any body else experiencing this phenomenon or is it just in NY--Gixxer

gixxer, I have a 98 GSXR750 and people mess with me and my friends all the time, i think they'd do it to ANY sportbike, vettes,miatas, mustangs...I think they do it more for the thrill than anything else, i certainly don't think that they have any dillusions of winning.I think most (perfomance oriented)people get a kick out of bikes and seeing us go sreaming by them.

DAMN nice mustang, and with that kinda HP,you should be running some killer 1/4 mile times, but good god the money you must have spent just to be able to smoke a bike.Don't get me wrong, i'm a tire shreeking hp loving nut myself,have a dodge ram 1500 with a 5.2 and some goodies added, but hell i just like to smoke the tires every now and then.Then again what kinda fuel mileage are you getting?
How much money did you actually spend on all of this? Is it o.k. to drive as your daily ride?How much maintenance do you have to do on it to keep it running properly? To me unless your going to race for money,or your looking to prove a point,having all that hp on the street is kinda pointless.Like i said before, don't get me wrong that stang certainly is a fine lookin machine there and i'll bet it's a blast to drive, and with that kinda hp you should be able to hang with most bikes.Well enjoy both of your rides and have a good one

gixerbike1 said:

"I think most (perfomance oriented) people get a kick out of bikes and seeing us go sreaming by them. "

He right, they just want to see Busa move.

kamikaze:

Your Vette is wonderful car, and it certainly has more performance than some motorcycles, mostly touring bikes and cruisers; but, my friend, we are talking about the Busa. Read the magazines, your Vette is dog meat, a pimple on the ass of the Busa. Blowing off a Vette with a Busa doesn't even require a sweat, not even an adrenaline rush.

RD

Next time anyone is beside a cage that whats to "go-for-it", Play along, keep it in first gear right beside and watch and see how the guy thinks he actually is keeping up with you! He is just beating his equipment through the gears, and then at 75-80 mph if he is still there, you HIT second and leave them seating there wondering if there cage just broke! If you are wheeling away, all the more satisfaction!!!

Kamikaze:

Ah, I see you're a car & bike guy. O.K., so you know the facts about high performance street bikes vs cars. I misunderstood where you were coming from: thought maybe that you were one of those "car enthusiasts" who has little knowledge of m/c's and thinks that since high performance race cars and dragsters can out perform like said bikes; therefore, a high performance street car can beat a high performance bike. Of course, it doesn't work that way. As my old riding buddy Bud, from Houston, would put it: "Nothing beats a bike but another bike."

I saw your Mustang website: very nice car!

RD

My biggest problem is chics in mini vans and teeny boppers in Hondas and buy they way whats this Honda thing any way? Put some chrome rims and a rear wing on a 4cyl and it`s a hot rod? Christ if we weren`t running a 700hp big block with nitrious we were laughed at.

gixerbike 1:I built that Cobra for less than 21K(car included),it is totally streetable,I drive it everyday,my car requires only normal maintenance,thats the sign of a well built street machine.

radalmau:First off my car is a twin turbo Cobra,not a Vette,and like I said there are only a hand full of bikes that can top 175 mph,and BTW I also own a 9 second street tire GSXR 1100,and I'm waiting for my preordered Hayabusa to arrive,so I guess you could say I pretty much got things covered,HP wise.

Kamikaze:

I see you will be getting your Busa next week. Congratulations, I believe you will be more than pleased with your purchase. Also, check back with me after break-in and let me know if know if you think there are any cars out there that can take your Busa.

RD

Well I know an average sportscar won't take a GSX1300 in a straight line race(HP/weight ratio),but for cornering and all out top end,a bike is at a disadvantage,remember the `busa just hit the streets,check out this months Motor Trend,top end challenge issue,they hit 194 mph.

Hey fellas quit the bickering!! you are comparing apples and oranges here and you are both right in some respects....what it all boils down to is how fast can you afford to go and no matter what sooner or later somebody always comes along who is faster!! LOL

I don't call this bickering,I'm just trying to enlighten someone on some facts,yes bikes are a great bang for the buck,I've been riding them for 24 years,my first streeter was a brand new KAW H2 750 triple,at the time it was the bike to beat,I've also own a 84 FJ1100,and a 86 GSXR1100(still got it),I was about to buy a ZX11 before Suzuki threw a wrench in the works,damn Suzuki!so now I'm buying a `busa,if you notice I only buy new bikes when a significant improvement comes along.

Yes,I am a car & bike guy,but a bike is severely drag limited so far as aerodynamics go,and on a skid pad a bike can not generate the numbers a sports car can(2 contact patches vs 4)so don't think that bikes are superior to 4 wheels in a high performance arena.

Back