Captain's going after gear again!

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
About a year ago I decided that I needed better gear to wear when we had our get togethers and so I could race at the strip. I started looking for some leathers and I ordered a set on the net and when they showed up at my door they were so small I dont think my 14 yr old could have fit in them. Thats when I noticed that the company sent me European sized leathers instead of the US ones.

I sent them back and decided that I would try to get sized and order them that way. I went to cycle gear here in OKC and they sized me... I was under a crunch to get them in so they had me choose two sizes so in case the first didnt fit the second would surely fit.

About 3 weeks later I get a bix box and inside are two sets of Alpinestar leathers neither of which would fit me. Not even close... I sent them back completely frustrated and I put it out of my mind until the bash a few weeks ago and while riding with my jacket and jeans on I told myself I needed to find a way to get the right gear for riding hard. I am wanting to do a track day this year and also hit the drag strip at least once so it's not like they won't be used when I ride with the groups either.

One reason that we worked a deal with tobefast.com is that they have a great selection of gear to pick from, Alpinestar, Joe Rocket, Komodo, Icon and more. One area that we were a little light on from advertisers was gear so it made great sense to bring them on.

I spoke with Mike from tobefast.com this week and I told him my history and he seems to think that they can get me sized and in leathers before the Stampede..... I am getting my money together and will be doing exactly as ordered by Mike's team to get sized and place the order... I thought I would let you all experience this with me and see how one of our advertisers does things.

I have picked out this gear from Joe Rocket because of price and I also want a two piece so I can take the jacket off when I get hot when not riding.

JR03.jpg

Here we go!

JR03.jpg

Doug, excellent decision !!! :thumbsup:

I like the 2 piece Joe Rockets I have and I have crashed with them, ( the pants survived to use again, the jacket did not... ) I firmly believe in good gear and fortunately the 2 x I have been down I didnt get hurt because of the gear. See ya in Nevada !

I used to wear nuthin ... Now I wear it ALL !

Pict0032.JPG

Spring 2008 020C.jpg

:beerchug: Joe Rocket makes good stuff Doug. Komodo is really great too. And I remember you having trouble a while back with the fitment issue. Hope you get it straightened out.

Tell Kristy I miss her.....:thumbsup:

Looking Good Doug. Can't wait to see what you get.

Good luck finding a full suit that works! I have issues with fit too when looking at a full suit! Frustrating!! Been looking for a while and still disappointed with the suit not fitting right. I guess Ill have to get a custom suit!

Good luck finding a full suit that works! I have issues with fit too when looking at a full suit! Frustrating!! Been looking for a while and still disappointed with the suit not fitting right. I guess Ill have to get a custom suit!

Shaddup you little toothpick... How hard can it be to get you properly sized suit, you weigh what a buck 50 wet?

HAHAHA! :rofl: Seriously! Finding a suit that fits is hard for me. Size 43 shoulder, 40 chest 29-30" waist, 31.5" inseam, and with long arms. So when I get into a suit that fits my shoulders there is alot of extra material in the belly area and ass. Then the arms are to short. Just an example my problems with putting on different suits!:poke:

Jeez I WISH I had Warbird's problem! Give it a few years, and I'm sure you'll fill a suit just fine!

i also have a hard time to get fit...between height and legs yeah hopefully you get it worked out...well you know my boot issue maybe you can talk with tobefast about some boots my size
Posted via Mobile Device

Doug I think that's an excellent choice.... Yea I feel your pain when it comes to fitting in a set of leathers! I had to order up four sizes to even get close... Those things fit like skin on a wiener.

I had the same issue. Found a little store called Cycle Gear and was able to try on leathers on the spot! It was great! They also had some Alpinestar racing boots that fit me. I got 2 piece Frank Thomas leathers, full gauntlet gloves, and Astar boots that retail at $350 for $670.00 OTD. There seems to be some good deals starting to creep out lately. When I tried on the biggest 1 peice they had, I almost couldn't get out of it.

Thats awesome Doug. I know you have been wanting a little more gear. Welcome to the oRg tobefast.com, very glad to have you.

I had the same issue. Found a little store called Cycle Gear and was able to try on leathers on the spot! It was great! They also had some Alpinestar racing boots that fit me. I got 2 piece Frank Thomas leathers, full gauntlet gloves, and Astar boots that retail at $350 for $670.00 OTD. There seems to be some good deals starting to creep out lately. When I tried on the biggest 1 peice they had, I almost couldn't get out of it.

Thats what I wear V, 2 piece Frank Thomas Titanium series, I love them so far. :beerchug:

Back