CAPTAIN

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
Captain,
You guys had some nasty weather out there tonight. I just wanted to make sure all was good. Let us know.
Jim

Me too...Man o Man Mother Nature can be "real mean"
Hope you are Ok there in OK...sincerly..PaceMaster

Can you say replay May 3rd 1999. Guys this tornado followed the same path as the tornado in 1999. This Tornado today was not as large as the one in 99 but the same poor folks got their houses taken away again tonight. This storm came right across Newcastle and the tornado first set down about 3 miles north of where we are living now. Now you guys know that Dustin does alot on this site but he is a hero. Dustin is a family friend and was at my sisters house when all of this was happenning and he and my brother in law were able to get my neice into the storm shelter. Sounds easy but you try to get a 14 year old girl in a wheelchair into a hole in the ground. THANKS DUSTIN you are appreciated more than you know. There are a lot of people in OKC metro without homes, they are saying there are 1500 homes damaged and over 300 destroyed in one neighborhood. GM was damaged heavily too.

Thanks for checking and special thanks to Dustin

Captain

Glad you and your family are all ok Captain. Thanks Dustman for always being there.

I'm just glad we didn't wait till we heard the tornado sirenes.. we had been in the shelter for about 5 minutes and I was looking out the door watching the rotation right above us. The town three miles to the west had perfectly clear skies by this time and thats when they decided to sound the alarm. The storm was moving northeast.. go figure. Oh well.. I'm a little sore but I'm glad I was there to help.

Whew!!! I was watching the news and worrying about you guys! I'm so glad you're ok.

Pacemaster, I see you guys (including SierraFlyer) got a lot of snow up there.

Glad everyone came out ok............. Yes, Captain this did appear to be an instant replay. Oklahoma seems to be at odds with Mother Nature........

Jwcfbd..I am fine......i just wanted to know how the Captain and Dustman were doing..Thanks though..Storms here have not been that bad..so far..
DustMan..really swell you helped out in a time of need.....
Gosh.....sad for those who lost there lives and homes..
Amazing Planet Earth... the weather,earthquakes--don't like that word...Carry on folks,keep the spirit alive....sigh..
PaceMaster

Hey Capt, & Dusterman

You guys ok after lastnight's episode part 2?
My Aunt & Uncle Live in Edmond, they said it came through lastnight (Fri) as close as 5 miles from their home. It went through around 44 & Memorial.

Busafied

Yeah.. this was actually day three for me.. I think the weather is out to get me.  Thursday I was in Tuttle which is where the tornado began to form, friday I was at my house in edmond.. it went a mile south of my house and UCO.  Today I was in southern oklahoma, no tornado's but it was just about the only area of Oklahoma that got any severe storms... had some big hail and some heavy rains.  I swear its following me.

I will say this, give me a tornado any day over an earthquake.  Tornados can do widespread damage but odds of one hitting you are far smaller than the odds of damage from an earthquake.. but those odds probably equal out when you compare number of tornados with earthquakes.  However, worry is much worse with tornados.. you don't know helpless untill you listen for 2 hours as a tornado crosses 60 miles or so and you're in its path knowing that there is nothing you can do but wait till it hits.

I do love chasing storms though.. its quite a rush.  I just don't like the chasing that only requires me stepping out my front door.

Thanks everybody for checking on us!

Keep a sharp eye & ear there seems to be more coming this week... hang in & on, be safe my firends. - Kent

Can you say replay May 3rd 1999. Guys this tornado followed the same path as the tornado in 1999. This Tornado today was not as large as the one in 99 but the same poor folks got their houses taken away again tonight. This storm came right across Newcastle and the tornado first set down about 3 miles north of where we are living now. Now you guys know that Dustin does alot on this site but he is a hero. Dustin is a family friend and was at my sisters house when all of this was happenning and he and my brother in law were able to get my neice into the storm shelter. Sounds easy but you try to get a 14 year old girl in a wheelchair into a hole in the ground. THANKS DUSTIN you are appreciated more than you know. There are a lot of people in OKC metro without homes, they are saying there are 1500 homes damaged and over 300 destroyed in one neighborhood. GM was damaged heavily too.

Thanks for checking and special thanks to Dustin

Captain
Glad you are OK. I have been through enough twisters when i lived in the mid-west. That is one thing i do not miss. now we only have hurricanes.
biggrin.gif

Stay safe my friend.

Back