CAPTAIN: Anybody getting weird redirects / hijacks?

AJAY

Registered
I've been getting weird redirects when clicking on links in the Busa forum. It's happened a bunch of times. Here's an example:
Search Results for gallery uploads general bike forum last

It usually takes me multiple back-clicks to get to the oRg and the thread I am trying to open.
This is not happening with other websites I visit, including another forum using VBulletin.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Not me. You sure its only with the org? Thats the sign of a redirecting root virus but I have never seen it with one specific site.

That's the first link that comes up, then it redirects to somewhere else. This is the only website that I'm having the problem with. It's happened about 10 times already.

I ran the full virus scanner and even used TrendMicro's scanner. Maybe I'll try AdAware or something like that.

I've noticed some issues...I'll click one thing and something else happens. I noticed last night if I hit reply to a thread, it would just refresh the entire thread, then the second attempt would work.

It could be bad .js loading from an advertisement. Even with good networks like adchoices, they will occasionally get a bad ad in the mix.

That's the first link that comes up, then it redirects to somewhere else. This is the only website that I'm having the problem with. It's happened about 10 times already.

I ran the full virus scanner and even used TrendMicro's scanner. Maybe I'll try AdAware or something like that.

Malwarebytes.org (free scanner) is also a great product.

OK, looks like it is a virus with redirect (WALEDAC.C and KELIHOS.B). The Microsoft Security Essentials we use here at work is worthless. Much rather have Avast. I've been going through my registry and deleting malicious stuff, plus I added "travelbuoy.c0m" to my hosts file for a permanent block, although that one only appears to be a gateway.

Sorry for causing concern over here, but I appreciate your help.

Back