Captain Ahab has found his White Whale...

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
I have a small sinkhole in my backyard. On about 3 feet of fill is a rotted tree stump...I dug on it all weekend, but it's BIG. The question is, do I rent a jackhammer and get the satisfaction of beating it out of the ground, or do I pour two bags of quickcrete on top of it and call it day? You have no idea how bad I want the jackhammer option...of course, then there's the 'fantasty dynamite option'....It's as bad as that "oh hell no" moment when Jay or Charlie passes you on the track....

Have a nice campfire right on top of the stump. Get it good and hot. Once the fire burns out the stump will keep smoldering for about a week and will slowly burn away. Sometimes it will follow the roots for several feet underground. Then you can backfill te area and restore it.

I don't need to destroy my whole yard...Right now i've got a hole about 2ft wide and 4 ft deep. Posthole digger and cheater bar...

Have a nice campfire right on top of the stump. Get it good and hot. Once the fire burns out the stump will keep smoldering for about a week and will slowly burn away. Sometimes it will follow the roots for several feet underground. Then you can backfill te area and restore it.

Damp undertneath stump. It's on a downhill slope and will fill with water first time it rains...so I have about a 4 days according to forecast...

burn it

aluminum powder, sulfur, and sand mixed together will do about the same as thermite.

i agree with red1100cc, we need something that gives us a good chance for a great youtube video :thumbsup:

Three bags of quikrete and wait for the rain.

Charlie, would you put the quickcrete in dry and let any moisture do the work, or would you go ahead and mix the concrete (so it might flow to the base?

How about renting a stump grinder. They will take anything out and leave just saw dust.

Not on the surface...it's in a hole about 2ft in circumference about 3 feet down. That's why a fire won't work well either hard to build one that deep a hole in the ground without an air source....

Back