Caps trying to find a way to the Bash 2012

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Trying to work out some details on when and how... Do we have a big list of people going this year? I need some time away from work...

cap

pretty good group going this year, should be fun and since there's no thunder in the valley at the same time in many many years, there won't be *as* many cruisers on the area roads :thumbsup:

definitely try to get out there with us Capt, will be a great time for sure :beerchug:

If I get to come I will ride this year... It is 960 miles from my house to Mrs. Reba's window... It will take me at least a full day and a half to get there.. and I dont want to show up on Fri and leave Sat... I think I might try to leave on Tues after work and go to Memphis the first day, I will have to ride a little in the dark but its Interstate and I wont have to go too long at night... I could get up Wed and make it all the way to The Phillips in time for dinner. That would give me Thurs (My favorite day to ride there) and Friday to hang out and ride, Sat would be a blast and head home early Sunday and back at the house on Monday afternoon......

It's a lot of seat time but nothing like the trips Uncle Steve and I have taken before... I will have to work out my tires and make sure I have a new set on cause running 1000 miles out and 1000 miles back doesnt leave a lot of tread for riding at the Gap....

Sounds like a good trip! Of course we can arrange to have a new set of tires waiting for you.

Wheeler only charged me $30 per tire for the full job. Including removal and installation on the bike.

anyone you can hook up with someone on the ride in? I know I'm hauling in with Frog and hopefully Lycan, maybe you can work a route where you can hook up with someone to save your body and tires from the 1000mile haul? I'm sure Ms. Reba will hold onto a set of tires if you ship them to her, that will take care of that part :thumbsup:

I need to check funds, but Juli and I would like to ride out with you. I will need a new set of tires before we go. What is the latest I can let you know?

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

You guys are veterans, you know you only need the center tread coming and going and the side tread for the bash :laugh:

Worse case, send a set of tires to the Phillips, ill have the tire machine in the trailer!

I dunno if this helps Doug, but you go within 2 miles of me when you come thru West Nashville on I40...But I don't think it's a a convenient rest point in your trip plan. But if you need something...

Let me know if you want to ship some stuff out to me such as clothes etc. and I can bring them with me as I will be bringing my truck.

You can call Wheeler and order your tires in advance so you'll have the make/model you want waiting for you when you get there.

For the 2+ years I was working at FedEx we made the trip from Chattanooga to Memphis around 100 times. I can say with most certainty that the route over on Hwy 72 through Alabama is a much better route. Basically no traffic and four lane divided highway at 65mph speed limit. Adds maybe 20 min to the trip, but to get away from interstate traffic it is well worth it.

Hope you can make it.

Map.jpg

hey my brother, i was planning on leaving out sometime Tues afternoon and riding over...i would be more than willing to ride down to meet you in Memphis Tues evening and head on over on Wed...it's been too long since we've shared a road! :beerchug:

Back