cant seem to sync throttle bodies....

rashad

Registered
Well, I have tried twice now.. using the carbtune tool.. with solid metal bars... to syn the TBs.. I THOUGHT last time I got it pretty good.. but I guess not.

It idles rough, and there is now a spot in the powerband where it almost feels like it surges a bit on light light throttle.. I am so sick of this bike to be honest lol.. I wanna throw it in the river.. sick of working on it just wanna ride it..

I just changed the oil hoping the annoying soft clunk would go away (raising idle did nothing except cause it to surge more and idle at 1900 when hot and 1500 when warm lol). I went to fully synthetic mobil 1 4t... did nothing for noise or shifting etc..

I am honestly starting to hate the way this bike feels..especially in traffic.

I have tried to like it.. TRIED to because of this awesome community. But I am thinking its not the right bike for me. I love the power.. but its so rough and i cannot tell if its just mine, or if they are all rough riding(suspension BLOWS and feels like a jackhammer no matter what settings i try using jinksters setup.. im only 180 lbs for Gods sake!), oil leaking (oil pan gasket), idle-knocking, feels-like-a-bad-jetted-carbureted-two-stroke-at-any-less-than-highway-speeds peice of crap.

end rant...

I dunno if I will ever buy a suzuki again after this....

Anyone live near me and happen to be a super master tech that can fix everything for a case of beer?

Re: cant seem to sync throttle bodies....I hate this bike and will burn it probably..

oh and if you just took the bike down the road you would NEVER think this.. its only from riding it here there and everywhere and putting 5000 miles on it in like 2 months that I notice all this... I just hate little things like going through traffic with a crappy on off throttle instead of a smooth transition..something most poeple apparently never notice.. but I am spoiled because I rode a honda Blackbird.

And today I put the bike up on the stand and let it go in first gear while the back tire spun.. with any type of light gas the sprocket and chain would clunk and make weird noises so im betting I need to buy THAT now..

Re: cant seem to sync throttle bodies....I hate this bike and will burn it probably..

Sounds like you just need to take her somewhere and find out why she is sick. My 05 is smooth as butter on the throttle. I wish I could provide some technical assistance, but I just dont have the knowledge. Are there any tuners in your area?

It is karma punishing you for letting that girl ride on the hump.

Just kidding. I wish I could help because I know it sucks when your bike is not running properly. One of the smart guys here will hook you up in no time.
Posted via Mobile Device

would a bad chain and sprocket cause most of that?

Syncing the TBs takes some patience. There are a couple of how-tos on i, one by me using the carb-tune. Post up pictures of your carbtune where you think its adjusted properly. You may have something else going on. Are you sure it only has slipons and not a full system?

You are not sure of what springs it has, so its difficult to help you out with the suspension. Are you able to get the correct SAG set? If not, or you are using all of the adjuster to get it, you have the wrong springs and you will never get it right. You don't know if the valves were changed out, if the valves don't match the springs, you will not be able to get the ride correct.

You knowingly bought a bike that was modified, raced, and abused because it was cheap. It is not fair of you to judge Hayabusa or Suzuki based on that.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/new-owners-forum/105632-rode-my-first-busa-today-huge-disappointment-please-help.html

im hoping they all ARENT this way. And as for that post if you read on it turns out it was a fuel filter screen that was clogged, so how is that proof it was abused? Lots of guys here drag their bikes..no?

Ahh maybe youre right.. I should just burn it and get an 08

Have you replaced all the vacuum lines with proper diameter ones? Even a slight leak between the TBs will cause rough idle and stalling.

i was wondering about that.. I didnt replace mine, as they came off ok but you could tell that glue that jinkster talked about was definitely present. I just used a screwdriver and pryed them off. They all seem to fit snug... wonder if I should get some and try that first...before the gasoline..

im hoping they all ARENT this way. And as for that post if you read on it turns out it was a fuel filter screen that was clogged, so how is that proof it was abused? Lots of guys here drag their bikes..no?

Did you re-read the entire post? You want to sell?

ok congrats you are correct!! DING DING!! I shouldnt have bought the bike and expected it to run like a deere... Im wrong, youre right..

Now that we have that established, im looking for help. I will check the things you mentioned previously as well as the tb lines.

edit: I re read that post and must have confused it with the updated one.. it was a fuel filter screen and once fixed, the bike runs like a raped wolverine.. but there are little tiny things that are getting my patience.

Last edited:

You have to have the O2 sensor hooked up and laying off to the side.
Adjust cyl 1 and 2 by the left hand screw. Use a light touch on the screwdriver as if you push down it increase the idle.
Adjust cyl 3 and 4 with the right screw.
Now the center screw will adjust 12 and34 together.
All the vacum lines have to be plugged or hooked to something.
If one is open it won't work.
Here is a good DIY thread:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...s/112335-synced-up-throttle-bodies-today.html

Good Luck!

yeah bro i used that how to....

I did what you said.. i must be missing something. It almost seems like I would get 1 and 2 right (even though they are constantly changing) and then go to 3 and 4 and 1 and 2 would be off then.. and if im doing one and two only, do i even have to have 3 and 4 hooked to anything??(and yes I DID, im just thinking out loud) somethiing aint right...

Oh and when you said left screw, how are you looking at the bike?

ok congrats you are correct!! DING DING!! I shouldnt have bought the bike and expected it to run like a deere... Im wrong, youre right..

Not looking to be right. Just responding to "I dunno if I will ever buy a suzuki again after this...." based on a bike you knew had problems when you bought it.

If I lived near you, I'd be in your garage helping you get things sorted out. We're doing the best we can to help you from the other end of the internet.

yeah i know whipped, im sorry.... I am just having a bad day.. I wish I knew where to start with the bike...I guess the vac lines will be it..

Oh and another thing.. ever since the FIRST sync, I noticed the tach needled doesnt sit still at idle.. it kinda fluctuates.. i am betting there IS a leak at the lines..

yeah bro i used that how to....

I did what you said.. i must be missing something. It almost seems like I would get 1 and 2 right (even though they are constantly changing) and then go to 3 and 4 and 1 and 2 would be off then.. and if im doing one and two only, do i even have to have 3 and 4 hooked to anything??(and yes I DID, im just thinking out loud) somethiing aint right...

Oh and when you said left screw, how are you looking at the bike?

I don't like the way Suzuki did the throttle connections and adjustment. It takes patience to get 3 adjusters to balance 4 throttle bodies. Do the outers, then the center. When you do the outers, the far outside bars should be slightly higher then the inner of the 2 cylinders. When you adjust the center, the inners will be more effected than the outers when you turn the center screw. then keep repeating until you get them all in a line. the amount of vacuum they are pulling sn't important, just that they are pretty much straight across. You may need to adjust the idle several times during the process to keep it in a range where it will idle smooth enough.

You may have a sensor going if you have the TBs synced and are still having the same problems.

One thing to check also, put the bike on the stand and try to rotate the tire while holding the chain(not running). If you have a great deal of play where the tire and wheel rotate independent of the sprocket, your cush drive may be toast and that will give you the jumpy feel at low speeds(like in stop and go traffic).

I just changed the oil hoping the annoying soft clunk would go away (raising idle did nothing except cause it to surge more and idle at 1900 when hot and 1500 when warm lol). I went to fully synthetic mobil 1 4t... did nothing for noise or shifting etc..

Don't know what you mean by "soft clunk". As for the shifting, nothing will change with that Mobil 1 crap in there. That stuff is garbage, beyond me why so many people rave about it.
My third oil change I fell for the hype and tried it. It shifted no better than it did on dino oil, next to impossible to get in 5th or 6th gear, false neutrals everywhere. Engine had a low level vibration (kinda like the 5 grand buzz, just not as bad) everywhere, the stuff turned black in 500 miles and the bike burned a half quart of it in the 3000 miles it was in there.
Dumped it and went with Motul 7100, instant smooth as buttah shifting, no more false neutrals, no more engine buzz, hasn't used a drop in almost 10,000 miles, and it still has a slight red tint to it when I drain it at 4000 mile intervals.
Can't help you with the TB sync, took mine to my mechanic (not the stealership either) to have it done. Idles smooth as silk at 1100rpm, no hesitates or roughness anywhere. It can be done.
As for the suspension, something is still wrong with your settings or the PO has sprung it for a 300 pounder. I weigh 20 lbs more than you do and with the Race Tech reccomended front springs, 4 lines of pro-load showing and a little clicker adjustment, it's firm but far from "rough" riding. Check your springs, pre-load, and make sure you don't have too much compression dialed in it.
Busas are great bikes. But like any other, when you buy it used, usually you have to undo a lot of other peoples messes.

As for the suspension, something is still wrong with your settings or the PO has sprung it for a 300 pounder. I weigh 20 lbs more than you do and with the Race Tech reccomended front springs, 4 lines of pro-load showing and a little clicker adjustment, it's firm but far from "rough" riding. Check your springs, pre-load, and make sure you don't have too much compression dialed in it.

I think he's going to have to open up the forks and see what he has in there. His description sounds like heavy springs (1.0 or 1.1) with stock valves. There's no amount of adjusting that will fix that it that's what it is. New springs and valves are about $300 + installation. If he finds the springs are correct for his weight, then its only valves and about 1/2 the cost.

Being a terrible wrencher myself I can feel your pain an frustration, in the end the fix is simpler than you would think. Test ride a brand new one an see if you feel the same way about Suzuki. When you ride one that hasn't been tampered with, see how it feels, your weight seems to be what the factory specs are set for I think. :whistle:

Back