Cant have nothing these days!!!

Lalo86

Registered
So last night around 3 a.m. im in my room watching tv when i hear a crappy car pull into my driveway...im watching it creep up to my garage where i have all my cars(Busa, Escalade truck, my brothers RSX type S and Silverado) Going by car they were in,(they were driving a civic with a ****ty exhaust, not my 1st choice if i was planning a robbery and i think i saw a full passenger load, 4 guys ), im guessing they were going for the Acura, they coudnt take the Busa because it was blocked by the trucks and their was no way in hell they were taking the rims off the trucks because 26's just dont fit in a civic...so i run to my brothers room and wake him, grab the Mossberg 500 and my XP .45 and make our way outside. The driver side window was open on their car, they were still in the vehicle. I yell out dont move and ask them what their doing at my house, our guns our aimed at them while this is going on. Theirs a couple of seconds of silence and i can hear some1 yell to the driver "Lets get the Fu** out of here" the driver throws it in reverse and heads back to the street and leave. I called the police and gave a description of the vehicle and driver, couldnt get a license plate because they pulled out in reverse. You guys think i could have done anything differently or was I right all the way. I can honestly say i was nervous because i didnt want them to do anything that would make me have to hurt somebody. The police officers said this was the same description of this vehicle they have had 4 times in the last 2 weeks. The sad thing is the people in the car were probably young kids, im 22 and still do dumb things but i would never risk getting killed over a vehicle...what are u guys thought about this?

Although they were no doubt bad guys, they did not do anything illegal by backing into your driveway. I think you did the best you could under the circumstances.

That's a tough situation to be in. I would have called 911 first and gave them what information I had while watching them. Once they actually broke the law I would have went out with my guns drawn and held them there until the cops arrived. Until I'm in that situation though it's all hypothetical.

Dumb Kids, hopefully smart enough to come back. I have a 3 Million Candlepower (Handheld) spotlight, puts the light on things real well. Most folks like to scurry away when well lit.

Last edited:
That's a tough situation to be in. I would have called 911 first and gave them what information I had while watching them. Once they actually broke the law I would have went out with my guns drawn and held them there until the cops arrived. Until I'm in that situation though it's all hypothetical.

I stand corrected, probably a good course of action.

I would have opted to call 911 and remain an armed observer until/unless they actually started messing with my stuff. Even then, if you show up with a gun it could provoke an attack out of panic from the thieves and if you actually hurt of kill somebody, b/c of baby the criminal laws, you'll be hurtin' a lot more than you would if they made off with your stuff.

At least it went without inicident this time around and they'll probably not want to come back knowing that there's armed security at your place.

Best of luck!

Given the circumstances, you probably did as well as you could have. Better not to have to shoot someone if they bail out on you but you may have caused a couple of them to rethink their choice of career.

In a Civic? Prolly just looking for tools or other small things laying around in your yard.

--Wag--

... im 22 and still do dumb things but i would never risk getting killed over a vehicle...what are u guys thought about this?

Actually, that's exactly what you did. If that car had been loaded with weapons and folks willing to use them, you might not have been around to make this post.

Stuff is stuff and it sucks that thieves take it and if you could guarantee that law abiding citizens would never get hurt in a fight I'd be all for what you did, but the fact of the matter is that it only takes one tiny bullet in any one of many parts of the body to end a life. Stuff just ain't worth it.

Be safe.

IMG00103-20090626-1342.jpgThe reason i got nervous and knew they werent lost because where im standing is where my garage is, as u can see my driveway is loooonnnggg...i have floodlights but their the switch ones, definately changing them out...but u guys are probably right, could have just kept observing them but its different when its happening in front of u...well hopefully they spread the word to stay away from that house...

IMG00103-20090626-1342.jpg

Actually, that's exactly what you did. If that car had been loaded with weapons and folks willing to use them, you might not have been around to make this post.

Stuff is stuff and it sucks that thieves take it and if you could guarantee that law abiding citizens would never get hurt in a fight I'd be all for what you did, but the fact of the matter is that it only takes one tiny bullet in any one of many parts of the body to end a life. Stuff just ain't worth it.

Be safe.
Damn, never thought of it like that, good point...

I think I would have been the observer while calling 911 and waiting for them to break the law, as was said. Don't know though, in the mood I've been in lately I probably would have been tempted to put a cap in the back tire to see if they came to play.

I think I would have been the observer while calling 911 and waiting for them to break the law, as was said. Don't know though, in the mood I've been in lately I probably would have been tempted to put a cap in the back tire to see if they came to play.
:laugh:

I might have done the same. Currently I have no mercy for thieves and their ilk. It's frustrates me that I have to stop and think about the repercussions of my actions when they are violating my rights and the law. To me it seems there is more protecting the person violating me in my home than protecting me.

how close is your nearest neighbor?you are responsible for whatever the bullet hits, you should take up bow hunting (...arrows are silent and will even pentrate most vests...I mean, can disable a vehicle if need be):whistle:

pick up the phone and dial 911.. get armed and take a stand off somewhere protected and watch until help arrives.. You could prevent a theft doing what you did but could have created a bigger crime...

you are lucky some punk kid did not drop you through the window of the car.. even cops hide behind stuff when doing stops like that...

Time for video equipment.. (and a 15 day DVR)

DINO on the other hand would have run up and licked them on the face...

Pues mira que chingon... Looks like you managed the situation well enough and stayed out of trouble.

well it was clearly trespassing. you are allowed to carry a weapon when affecting a citizens arrest . if at any point they try to attack you or pull a weapon you have the right to protect your self. but if you shoot them you better kill them so you dont get sued

Back