Cant have nothing these days!!!

Well if they were up to no good and seen you had weapons,I doubt they will be back.

i think you did the right thing. i sure would not have let them get out of the car . engaging multiple targets is never fun. If you have to killem dont feel bad about it they made the choice to come to your house. you didn't chose them

over last couple years i have had 4 bikes stolen .. you did ok... what seems to stop them is signs saying you got camera's and alarms... for bikes and cars add a tracking device to anything you value.. even if they take it you get it back... don't shoot em in the back .. if got shoot make it close and to the front ... poeople who steal bikes do not deserve to live

The laws for protecting yourself here in CA always seem to favor the crinimal element. I have been told by more than one deputy that if I shoot them, then Its good to drag em into the house and put a knife in their hand. More often then not there would be a minimal investigation that way. The police have their hands tied in so many ways these days but that doesnt mean they cant choose to overlook a thing or two to help and honest citizen.

Well if they were up to no good and seen you had weapons,I doubt they will be back.

Here's the thing maybe they will be back to get your guns when your not home now that they know they are there. It's a crap shoot no matter what you do maybe you get killed because they have guns maybe they don't have guns. Maybe they really weren't looking to steal anything maybe they were. unfortunately 911 is a prayer line for the most part and depending on the situation may or may not be effective. You did what you had to and judging by where you live you were probably correct in assuming the worst. now me I'm a mean bastard I prefer knives (much quieter) and prefer to disable the vehicle first so they can't drive away then get them locked in the garage and well then can you say oxy acetylene torch. I prefer that law not be involved in something like that. I don't like to give LEO more paperwork it's not courteous.

I know this is an old thread. The best thing to do is call 911 and report "Theft in progress". The police love to catch pukes in the act. If they don't show very fast up you have the right to protect your property.

coming from a jerk - ie me... i would wait until they started messing with my stuff and then ensured they didnt ever mess with someone else's things. i have a pretty strict policy about theives and that is not always an acceptable policy. in Texas we can defend any property during the hours of darkness. if someone is running away from you with your property in their hands, we can shoot them. As long as the shooting didn't put anyone else at risk. I have caught theives in my car before. I held them at gunpoint until the police arrived because i was in a very tight area of apartments. It would have been completely negligent to disharge a weapon at that point. If it had been somewhere else, those guys would not be around today most likely.

I just dont have any pity for someone who doesnt respect someone elses rights. However, thankfully I live in a state which respects my right to protect my property.

Exposing yourself to the enemy (ie a theif) when you dont have to places you in danger. If they had a firearm and you have them at gunpoint youre also exposed. I would not expose myself to protect my property from petty theft ever again.

Like i said, not the most politically correct answer. However, it is the way I approach that situation.

Last edited:
glad you are ok. I agree I would have called the police first, then hid and waited for them to start messing with my stuff. at night you can not see in the car to see how many might have guns. remote controlled flood lights might be a good idea. but don't expose yourself in the open

set up an enticing "hog" trap and have some fun...it puts the lotion on it's skin or it gets the hose again....

how close is your nearest neighbor?you are responsible for whatever the bullet hits, you should take up bow hunting (...arrows are silent and will even pentrate most vests...I mean, can disable a vehicle if need be):whistle:

We got thinker here. I like it:thumbsup:

Personally, I would have put a round through the engine then let them explain themselves to the cops. I know I know some might think that is harsh, but looking at that picture, there is no way they "accidentally" drove in the driveway.

Personally, I would have put a round through the engine then let them explain themselves to the cops. I know I know some might think that is harsh, but looking at that picture, there is no way they "accidentally" drove in the driveway.

Punching a round into an engine is easier said than done, especially with a handgun. Some shooters might actually skip the bullet off the hood and down the street ehehe. So much easier to disable the driver.

Back