Cant find tire posts

aicwould

Registered
I know this is a oldie but which is a good tire for general riding. Should I stay with oem or is something better. Last bike I had used metzlers and was some what pleased with the mileage. Any help or a link would be greatly appreciated.

Open the flood gates !! You will get as many different answers as we have members.

I like BT-014's

you will do fine on almost any tire if you don't have specific needs in mind. if you require more milage, go sport/touring
Pirelli Diablo, Metzeler M1 or M3, Michelin Power, Bridgstone bt14, Dunlop Qualifier

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143488735 -->

Thanks for the responses glad I found your website, basically I do mostly comminuting and fun riding. My wife and I go on daily trip about 2 hours long. I don’t do wheelies and or burn outs, just like to ride in style!

I have the Diablo Strada sport touring - more tread, softer FEEL. I'm not impressed when I push them into sportier riding but that's not what they are for. Went from IA to AZ and back on them maybe 5000 miles, and 1 track day, and they are finally shoing a flat spot. Anyway, you can't go wrong with most of the new, modern tires. This is for a Busa, correct?

just cruising oem! or another sport touring. sportier riding most say Pilots I have M-1s the back goes quick but after all it is a Busa. I like them alot more than the oem but like I said won't last as long

Avon Azaros are good all round sport-touring tyres.
smile.gif

They also last quite well if used sensibly ...ie no rolling burnouts!  
AAAssjani.gif

metzeler sportec m3 are fantastic, more grip, more stability, more feeling than pirelli diablo corsa, but rear tyre life is about 3500 km and front tyre is about 6000 km

If you are looking for mileage and not performace stay away from soft tires like Pirelli Diablos. Best bet for all around is the stock tires or the BT 14's which will wear a little faster.

Back