Cant Find Post

Blue Bayou

Registered
There was a gent on the board that posted a few days ago about a new design he had for a new set of plastics that were going to be custom made for him in China. I would like to find that post OR the URL on Ebay for the guy that will make custom designs. What I would like him to do is duplicate (close enuf is OK) the design on my 03 side covers and get a new set made. the rest of my plastics are OK. I tried searching for the post, but can't find it. :(
TIA
BB

My phone will not let me paste link for some reason, probably operator error. It is the first non pined post in the appearance mods section.

Not sure if you did some research on those aftermarket fairings. Apologize if you already did and are aware of all the issues people find when they get their china fairings. Good luck on finishing your bike! ;)

Thank you CBXrider and mabupa, yes, that's the link I was looking for. :thumbsup:
I'll drop him an email and see what he says.
I have done a little reading on the quality control issues and as the man says, for the price I can live with them. :hello:
BB

I talked to Wilson at this place in China and for $380 they will make me the two side fairings for my Busa, that includes shipping also.
Not a bad price at all, but the only hesitation I have is the color match. They will look at the photos I send them and try to match it.
Good luck on THAT.
The other option is to get the right fairing repainted and leave the left alone. Decisions, decisions...LOL..!!
BB

I stopped in at the local body shoppe today to see how much they'd want to repaint the two sidecovers and the hump. He quoted
me 400 bucks and that includes removing the old Kanji stickers, sanding and prep, a couple coats of primer, painting and then
a heavy layer of clearcoat. I have the Suzuki and Color-Rite paint codes to give him, so it should be a fairly decent match. Then on top
of that there's the expense of new Kanji stickers.
So I guess the bottom line is "pay me now or pay me later"...lol
BB

Back