Cant Find A Sticky On Here?

zipitupuk

Registered
Hi...second post...pre-empting a Busa Purchase....

I cant seem to find a Sticky on here regarding Essential things to look out for and essential mods to do such as regulator, starter moter or whatever the recommended owner mods are?

can anyone point or link me to the right place please?

Mark

Not sure what you mean by looking out for... as for mods well... the sky is the limit and it depends on what you want to do with it. there are a lot of mods people here have done for speed. lots done for show. Me personally I would rather have performance over bling. but to each their own

Cool and thanks ☺ By mods I ment recommended things to do or look out for and watch is some bikes suffer regulator problems so they would recommend a different or upgraded one or wiring mod....I suppose its a sticky for things known to fail and how to pre empty the problem, sort of customer development for faults on the manufators released product....or is the bus a so good nothing really comes to mind.
Thank you for your patience .

Mark

YES, THE BUSA IS THAT GOOD AND IS KNOWN FOR ITS BULLETPROOF ENGINE/TRANNY. But like any piece of machinery, the OWNER is the main factor in keeping any machine healthy.

Most of the "problematic" BUSAs you hear about is often due to owner abuse/neglect. It has very few issues from the factory.

* 2013: ABS recall
* 2008-2012: rectifier.
* Gen I (99-07): also have factory recalls which should have been fixed by Suzuki by now (unless the PO gaffed off the recalls).

More recall info here: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/motorcycle_recalls/01/suzuki/

All other MODS are owner customizations/personal preferences and covered in the links above.

You have misread. Some people suffered from a voltage regulator failure on there 2008 bikes. Suzuki had to do a tremendous recall on a bunch of vehicles. My bike was involved and I never had an issue.

If you're buying a new bike, buy it and ride it. If you're buying a used 2008, make sure the voltage regulator recall was done, and beware that clutch bolts were feared to back out. Didn't see many reports of that actually happening either. There was an ignition wiring harness routing issue too. Gen I from '03 to '07, good to go.

What are you looking to buy ?

As far as regulators go the local dealership had done several recall swaps but the old one tested good still. It was the scooters that had showed bad regulators.

Do the kickstand mod if you plan on idling on the side stand. Or kill it and take up slack in 1st gear. I normally park pointing up hill.

Thank you, that was more like the info I was after - and yes your right, owner/maintenance is the most important thing of course.

So it does appear (unlike some bikes I've owned and looked at buying) that the Busa is indeed a well thought out and well designed/manufactured from the off - Great news :-)

As for when I'm buying one - hopefully anytime from now till the beginning of march - I'm hoping the prices drop a bit or are open to more offers here in englands winter months...and (although it seems a bit mean) a lot of bikes get sold then after spending all that money before and after the sill Christmas season.....you know what I mean - with the partner saying Why don't you sell it - you never use it - lol (because it winter <grin>)

love this site and the friendly and helpful positive replies I've had - Thank you all......I will be scouring you site for the info.....

Cheers

Mark (UK)

When you start getting ready to pull the trigger let us in on it before you buy and we'll try to tell you what to look out for.

I've owned an '06 and my current '08. Both were rock solid great bikes. Suzuki pretty well answered all complaints in 2008. Very, very well engineered bike.

Back