cant clutchless shift and slight humm at 5k

card16969

Registered
So i just did an oil change with filter and put in 3500 ml of spectro (was in a bind and had access to it) and it still didnt register in the window so i added another 300ml and it brought it up around full so i took it out for a couple rides and have noticed i cant clutchless shift while just cruising down the road and noticed a bit of a humm at 5k rpm's. So i check the oil level after warming up the bike and its below the full line... wondering if i should add some more oil to bring it up to full and if it will take care of the problems, not sure if this is a common problem with the busa's or not.

Also i changed the tires and adjusted the chain but chain is to spec and tires are balanced (did them myself and i went to MMI in Phoenix and actually know what im doing)

When you got to the full mark, did you start it and let it run for about 30 seconds. Your oil filter had to fill up so it's going to put you back below the full mark.

When you got to the full mark, did you start it and let it run for about 30 seconds. Your oil filter had to fill up so it's going to put you back below the full mark.

yes i drained oil, removed filter, replaced filter, added 3500 ml of oil, started engine let it warm up, shut off motor, let it sit for about 3 minutes and checked level and there was no oil in window so i slowly added more oil and brought the level up (300ml was added) and brought the oil up to around the full line. After going for about 250 miles worth of riding i checked the oil again and its still about 1/16" short of the full line and i noticed a humm around 5k rpm on the rides which it didnt have before the day of working on the bike. And you could clutchless shift before the work.

I cant imagine the oil would cause this, unless it is REALLY crap oil...

Also, its my understanding that in the middle of the window is OK... dont want to overfill...

I cant imagine the oil would cause this, unless it is REALLY crap oil...

Also, its my understanding that in the middle of the window is OK... dont want to overfill...

yeah that was my worry that i had over filled till i checked today, Spectro is supposed to be good oil, its pretty much what all my friends run and they ride HARD lol drag racing wheelies twisties you name it.

not sure ext how your shifting,, but you need that split sec of unloaded gears to get it in to the next gear, at low rpm even with your hand off the throttle you will have a load on it, from engine brakeing ,, i guess you could call it a negative load,

i have no idea about the oil other than did you fill it when the bike was in an upright position , and not on a rear tire stand

doesnt have to be on the full line ,, works like a dip stick between the two lines is fine

i dont think that is causeing your hum at 5k, i think that would come more from the tires or drive line someplace, did you get diff compund tires ex

and alot of people do complain about the busa haveing a hum or buzz that kills them when they ride for long between 4-6 k

not sure ext how your shifting,, but you need that split sec of unloaded gears to get it in to the next gear, at low rpm even with your hand off the throttle you will have a load on it, from engine brakeing ,, i guess you could call it a negative load,

i have no idea about the oil other than did you fill it when the bike was in an upright position , and not on a rear tire stand

doesnt have to be on the full line ,, works like a dip stick between the two lines is fine

i dont think that is causeing your hum at 5k, i think that would come more from the tires or drive line someplace, did you get diff compund tires ex

and alot of people do complain about the busa haveing a hum or buzz that kills them when they ride for long between 4-6 k

yeah whenever i shift without the clutch i have let off the throttle and let it decel a bit. and yes i changed from a bridgestone 056 i think it was to a pilot power 2ct now for some reason i can **** without the clutch again... guess she was still being finnicky

ok note..... the shifting issue is resolved she was just being moody but the humm is still there but it could be the tires but its always in the same rpm range

Spectro is more for the dirt bikes and dual sports I thought.I use suzuki oil and havent had an issue yet. I try not to shift with the clutch.I catch myself doing it sometimes since i do it on the trails on my dirtbikes.

Spectro is more for the dirt bikes and dual sports I thought.I use suzuki oil and havent had an issue yet. I try not to shift with the clutch.I catch myself doing it sometimes since i do it on the trails on my dirtbikes.

spectro has several different oils, ones for dirt street and other applications

my 99 has a transmission type hum/ whine , more noticeable in 6th at 5000 rpm , it seems to alter on how the chain is adjusted / lubricated

my 99 has a transmission type hum/ whine , more noticeable in 6th at 5000 rpm , it seems to alter on how the chain is adjusted / lubricated

yeah it feels like a light vibration mainly in 6th gear damnit now im gonna have to go out riding to figure it out just hopefully it doesnt rain

Back