leader representative
pricks in the UN ,
and gave them
all slapping ,
I loved it !

:banana:

#AOC ~ #GiftFromGod ~ #GreenNewDeal ~ #TodaysYouth ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
Well all I know is these younger people going to be around a lot longer than me , I think they got a right to be at least concerned , if not worried about the way the world is heading , both economically and climatically .
How many of you , if you are lucky enough to have grand children , can honestly say how things will be for them in 20-30 years ? I sure as hell can't help envisage anything much about the future to offer any real advice .
Personally , I am not even a father , so have less to worry , but I am a great uncle so I still do think about future family .

You definitely have a very valid point. I have 6 grand kids and see a very different future for them much like my parents saw a very different future for me.

How many here actually have an idea of the size of their carbon footprint?

With physics, math and empirical data we are able to calculate that with reasonable accuracy.

Mine is negative, meaning I consume more CO2 than I produce. Negative close to around 20 tons per year.

That kid , she sure has got a lot of guts and is as sharp as a tac . Certainly took it to those bunch of fat smug world leader representitive pricks in the UN , and gave them all slapping , I loved it !!
Well in my experience, trying to convince the people that make policy, to change policy, doesn't go well if you treat them with disrespect.

Its like going to get a loan from a bank, and telling the bank you hate banks.

Who would be the idiot?

A Tesla cop car almost ran out of juice during a chase....duh! Who'd not see that coming...?

So I have a question for you:

Why is it important if a Tesla runs out of charge, but no one cares if a gas powered car runs out of gas?

The only difference here is you can probably fill your gas tank in around 10 minutes or a bit less, while a Tesla takes 20 minutes. Plus the Tesla computer guides you to the nearest supercharger station while the gas vehicle does not.

Perhaps you are similar to those who preferred a candle, after Thomas Edison invented the light bulb?

Why is it important if a Tesla runs out of charge, but no one cares if a gas powered car runs out of gas?

The only difference here is you can probably fill your gas tank in around 10 minutes or a bit less, while a Tesla takes 20 minutes. Plus the Tesla computer guides you to the nearest supercharger station while the gas vehicle does not.

Perhaps you are similar to those who preferred a candle, after Thomas Edison invented the light bulb?
You hit it on the head there...these things can't be just charged up anywhere....if an EV runs out of charge somewhere, it needs to be towed to a charging station, if an ICE runs out of fuel, it can be brought to it pretty simply.

The Tesla superchargers might take 20 mins to get a partial or full charge but they are hard on the batteries

In a vast country such as ours, the possibility of running out of charge is a reality, our infrastructure can barely handle the power requirements we have now, add a few million EV to it and I guarantee it will crash and crash hard.

YOU might see EV as the future and it might very well be but I am not sold on it....EVs have been around longer than ICE and they still suck.

You can fill a gas tank in minutes.
You’re not fully charging a Tesla in 20 minutes.
My F150 can locate gas stations. Most fords/Lincolns made in last ten years that have navigation have this feature. If it doesn’t your phone does.
You cannot take a long distance road trip in an EV.
You cannot recycle the batteries.
Google pics of ‘lithium mine’ and you’ll see how it rapes the earth and opens huge holes in it.
We are being sold the fantasy of EVs by people profiting on pushing this green agenda. It’s not for our good it’s for theirs.

You can fill a gas tank in minutes.
You’re not fully charging a Tesla in 20 minutes.
My F150 can locate gas stations. Most fords/Lincolns made in last ten years that have navigation have this feature. If it doesn’t your phone does.
You cannot take a long distance road trip in an EV.
You cannot recycle the batteries.
Google pics of ‘lithium mine’ and you’ll see how it rapes the earth and opens huge holes in it.
We are being sold the fantasy of EVs by people profiting on pushing this green agenda. It’s not for our good it’s for theirs.
Bang on, couldn't have said it better myself.

Add in the extreme cold weather we get here (and many other places) and try to clear the windows to see to drive and as we all know, that cold saps power out of these EVs quickly.

^^^^^
Better get used to it, it is here to stay and eventually take over.

I don't have a Tesla, or any electrical vehicle and love the sweet 5,7L V8 in my truck.
My next one will be electrical though.

Buddy of mine just drove a Tesla from Houston TX, to Pinehurst NC, 1,137 miles. He did it in 18 1/2 hours, did four 20 minute stops, more than 200 miles after each stop. Gave his wife and kids a break to go to the bathroom and get some snacks.

Couple of weeks ago, I had to really get on the throttle to get away from a Tesla starting from the lights with the Busa. It kinda P'd me off, but I do respect what Elon has achieved.

Last edited:
^^^^^
Better get used to it, it is here to stay and eventually take over.

I don't have a Tesla, or any electrical vehicle and love the sweet 5,7L V8 in my truck.
My next one will be electrical though.

Buddy of mine just drove a Tesla from Houston TX, to Pinehurst NC, 1,137 miles. He did it in 18 1/2 hours, did four 20 minute stops, more than 200 miles after each stop. Gave his wife and kids a break to go to the bathroom and get some snacks.

Couple of weeks ago, I had to really get on the throttle to get away from a Tesla starting from the lights with the Busa. It kinda P'd me off, but I do respect what Elon has achieved.
I believe it will be realized that EV will not work for our countries due to the extreme changes in temperatures and vast spaces. Maybe in years to come the technology will get there, maybe even before hydrogen catches and surpasses EV tech.

The power consumption will be enormous in order to keep EV relevant. I see all the vehicles currently sitting along streets of homes which don't have driveways, how will they charge their EV I wonder?

The city of Paris tried the EV route with all their city vehicles and now there are hundreds of them sitting in a field where they are not able to be recycled due to a lack of resources to recycle the batteries....

I believe it will be realized that EV will not work for our countries due to the extreme changes in temperatures and vast spaces. Maybe in years to come the technology will get there, maybe even before hydrogen catches and surpasses EV tech.

The power consumption will be enormous in order to keep EV relevant. I see all the vehicles currently sitting along streets of homes which don't have driveways, how will they charge their EV I wonder?

The city of Paris tried the EV route with all their city vehicles and now there are hundreds of them sitting in a field where they are not able to be recycled due to a lack of resources to recycle the batteries....
Chevy Bolt loses 35% in extreme Canadian cold weather.

Tesla loses 1% - 3% with advanced electronics which heats the battery.

Years to come is now to around 15 years from now.

California already legislated no more gas vehicles after 2035, so if you work on replacement at 15 years, it means by 2050, they will just about be totally gone.

You can keep your head stuck in the sand, but below is the reality.

Last edited:
Chevy Bolt loses 35% in extreme Canadian cold weather.

Tesla loses 1% - 3% with advanced electronics which heats the battery.

Years to come is now to around 15 years from now.

California already legislated no more gas vehicles after 2035, so if you work on replacement at 15 years, it means by 2050, they will just about be totally gone.

You can keep your head stuck in the sand, but below is the reality.

I will remain in the sand, I like it.

As far as California goes...it's California, what more can be said.

There is ZERO market for used EV, nobody wants them and their headaches...what will become of all the used EV out there that nobody wants to recycle? A local dealership had 2 used Teslas taken in on trades which they absolutely couldn't sell and ended up losing their shirt when they sent them to auction.

The government might be jamming them down our throats but we don't have to like it.

I will remain in the sand, I like it.

As far as California goes...it's California, what more can be said.

There is ZERO market for used EV, nobody wants them and their headaches...what will become of all the used EV out there that nobody wants to recycle? A local dealership had 2 used Teslas taken in on trades which they absolutely couldn't sell and ended up losing their shirt when they sent them to auction.

The government might be jamming them down our throats but we don't have to like it.
I'm an investor and made some really good money this year on Lithium stocks, with a relatively small investment to start off with. This is while the markets have tanked. So it follows that I try and stay informed on what is happening in the EV market and where it is going.

To answer your questions, Albemarle, the world's largest Lithium producer is in the process of starting a massive battery recycling project. They are not the only ones, a number of others have realized that there is a huge opportunity here. Lithium prices have increased more than 300% over the past 18 months and even Canada is jumping on the bandwagon.

Next is nickel, cobalt and copper.

While you are keeping your head in the sand, there are a whole bunch of multi billion $ companies who don't.

Today's gas cars are made to last 150,000 miles. I can buy a used Mercedes with that mileage for less than $5,000. Tesla pretty much will exceed that bench mark, so it is much in the same ballpark.

We sold a Prius at close to 300k miles, replaced a few light bulbs, that was about it.

Last edited:
Side note, just by not selling new gas vehicles doesn’t mean they will disappear. I drive a ‘96 truck, has No issues. That’s over 20yrs old and still going strong. Gas vehicles will be around for a verrrrry long time after they stop selling new ones, bcuz they won’t just die in 2035

I'm an investor and made some really good money this year on Lithium stocks, with a relatively small investment to start off with. This is while the markets have tanked. So it follows that I try and stay informed on what is happening in the EV market and where it is going.

To answer your questions, Albemarle, the world's largest Lithium producer is in the process of starting a massive battery recycling project. They are not the only ones, a number of others have realized that there is a huge opportunity here. Lithium prices have increased more than 300% over the past 18 months and even Canada is jumping on the bandwagon.

Next is nickel, cobalt and copper.

While you are keeping your head in the sand, there are a whole bunch of multi billion $ companies who don't.

Today's gas cars are made to last 150,000 miles. I can buy a used Mercedes with that mileage for less than $5,000. Tesla pretty much will exceed that bench mark, so it is much in the same ballpark.

We sold a Prius at close to 300k miles, replaced a few light bulbs, that was about it.

I could (but won't bother) to post a whole whack of videos of people who own and hate EV.

I do have a good friend who has a Tesla S and he hates it, he has never got the range advertised and other than the electronics it is not a great car. To top it off, he received a letter telling him to not charge it in his garage, they even paid for him to have an outside charging station. What pisses him off is he has a very expensive vehicle that has to sit outside a 3 car garage in the snow.

Side note, just by not selling new gas vehicles doesn’t mean they will disappear. I drive a ‘96 truck, has No issues. That’s over 20yrs old and still going strong. Gas vehicles will be around for a verrrrry long time after they stop selling new ones, bcuz they won’t just die in 2035
I agree. My Busa is a K9 and after 14 years it is as good as new, still kicks butt and will probably be around longer than me.

Back