Can't believe it!

Hello all. New to the board as well and after reading this thread, boy do I feel silly. Have an '05 blue/silver Busa. Been feeding her 93 octane since day one (June '05). Silly question ... anyone know of any mechanical problem I may run into by dropping to 87 octane. Okay, spare me the smart ass answers.
tounge.gif

You won't run into any mechanical problem because 87 is what is recommended...

Welcome to the big game. Robster. You guys are on fire tonight. I'll throw a kick in here. Where did Hayden finish today? I can't remember.....
wow.gif

just my .02 cents but wouldnt 87 ocatane be a standard fuel?

I know I used to run 98 Octane through my R6, and also my car and both ran smoother.
guns.gif

welcome to the madness lol. Also on the octane level heres the thing , the higher the octane the more heat it takes for the fuel to burn. Optiomal performance is reached when you run the lowest possible octane level that doesnt ping or detonate in the cylinders. Running a higher octane in the busa will actually lose on average 2hp and will save fuel because the engine thinks since its getting alot of unburned fuel in the air mixture leaving out the exhaust it doesnt need to supply the engine with as much. So higher octane bad lol. Sorry just through it may help explain the differences in octane levels. It doesnt add performance like everything thinks , it doesnt burn hotter or release more energy lol. Ok enough on that keep it up and POST SOME PICS!!!! with or without the old lady , the mistress will work just fine.

Back