Cannonball bike run

biggrin.gif

sounds like fun...but I would ABSOLUTELY lose my license in something like this, probably get locked up, and more than likely wreck tryn to outrun some country-azz State troopers...besides, Amy wont give me permission
tounge.gif

Seems to be more party and riding than just a Rally. One thing; the entry fee is rather HIGH $$$$ to be honest
wow.gif
. I know my IBA Rallys have gone down in number because the prices are getting at the $150 and above entry level. And when you include the expense of going, riding and coming back your looking at about $1,000 per Rally at least anyway. And with the Sponsors, (who we have found in our Rallys) can be held responsible for sponsoring illegal activities (public road racing is one) I doubt this is a timed racing event. If it is, God help the Sponsors if anyone is killed by one of the event riders ! So, what I get is; it's a 9 hour ride per day that covers 2500 miles (probably 500 miles per day) with a party each night. Which brings up other legal questions with sponsoring booze
all_coholic.gif
and bike rides. I really would like to hear from someone who has gone on one of these. Might be interesting
wink.gif

Seems to be more party and riding than just a Rally. One thing; the entry fee is rather HIGH $$$$ to be honest
wow.gif
. I know my IBA Rallys have gone down in number because the prices are getting at the $150 and above entry level. And when you include the expense of going, riding and coming back your looking at about $1,000 per Rally at least anyway. And with the Sponsors, (who we have found in our Rallys) can be held responsible for sponsoring illegal activities (public road racing is one) I doubt this is a timed racing event. If it is, God help the Sponsors if anyone is killed by one of the event riders ! So, what I get is; it's a 9 hour ride per day that covers 2500 miles (probably 500 miles per day) with a party each night. Which brings up other legal questions with sponsoring booze
all_coholic.gif
and bike rides. I really would like to hear from someone who has gone on one of these. Might be interesting
wink.gif
Thanks for your interest, your questions are absolutely valid.

For the record our company has been organizing motorsport events and road rallies for 12 years without incident or harm to anyone.

CBR is without doubt a full-on endurance event and will never be for everyone. Yes, the entry fee is high but with the greatest of respect you can't create extraordinary events on ordinary budgets. Not one of the guys that have entered have ever questioned the value for money.

Check out our forum at www.cannonballbikerun.com to find out what the riders themselves think about it or (and I'm sorry for the plug) pick up a copy of the DVD available on the site to see for yourself.

We're coming to America in '07 - hope to see you there!

wow.gif
all_coholic.gif
wink.gif
Thanks for your interest, your questions are absolutely valid.

For the record our company has been organizing motorsport events and road rallies for 12 years without incident or harm to anyone.

CBR is without doubt a full-on endurance event and will never be for everyone. Yes, the entry fee is high but with the greatest of respect you can't create extraordinary events on ordinary budgets. Not one of the guys that have entered have ever questioned the value for money.

Check out our forum at www.cannonballbikerun.com to find out what the riders themselves think about it or (and I'm sorry for the plug) pick up a copy of the DVD available on the site to see for yourself.

We're coming to America in '07 - hope to see you there!
Thanks for getting back on this. Since I really like these type of events, I'll definately look at it.

Thanks Again for your Answer
idea.gif

ahh shid, man the fees are a little high but include a lot...

I think I might have to seriously consider this one... a little cross country ride and then back home after it... hells yes it would be a blast
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

The final countdown to Cannonball Bike Run 2 has begun with riders making their final preparations for the Tuesday (August 22nd) start.

This year you can keep pace with the action at CBR Live! (available at www.CannonballBikeRun.com) where we’ll be posting live updates from the staff vehicles as well as images, stage results, news and the general debauchery that is CBR. Enjoy.

sounds like fun...but I would ABSOLUTELY lose my license in something like this, probably get locked up, and more than likely wreck tryn to outrun some country-azz State troopers...besides, Amy wont give me permission
tounge.gif

I couldn't agree more. With a name like "Cannonball Run" every time you saw John Law you'd be like, "ahhhh....must....resist....impulse....to...act...like...Burt...Renyolds"
But it would just be too hard to resist. You'd have to run and the bumpkin cops would have to chase you and then Jackie Chan would end up running over you in his Subaru.
face7.gif

If I go I call dibs on pretending I'm Dom DeLuise the entire week, who wants to be Sammy Davis Jr?
thumbs-up.gif

Do you think they'll notice a six foot CB whip antenna on a Hayabusa? And will I have time to grow a moustache?
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Back