Canadians at the Dragon

Tetsuo1000

Registered
What a great day, just got back to Nashville after a trip to Deals Gap. Weather was great, every American has been awesome to us and the roads are unbelievable. Here are the standard tourist photos

It's over rated ;). It's hard to get any flow going. You need never leave second gear. Technical for high speed is an understatement if ever there was one :)

That 01 ZX12 is one of the best bike colors ever. I've ridden many miles on one similar.
There was a Canadian only model I believe and a buddy of mine had one....he moved here to Canada from Scotland and knew exactly what mods it needed...before I could buy it from him, he sold it on a whim to a guy he met at a gas station one day....

it was a seriously fast bike.

There was a Canadian only model I believe and a buddy of mine had one....he moved here to Canada from Scotland and knew exactly what mods it needed...before I could buy it from him, he sold it on a whim to a guy he met at a gas station one day....

it was a seriously fast bike.
They were available in the US as well, my buddy bought his in Arizona. Yes, they're fast as you know what!

They were available in the US as well, my buddy bought his in Arizona. Yes, they're fast as you know what!
True. he mentioned it being a Canadian only bike but maybe he meant a Canadian spec bike (no emissions).

It was a rocket and a good looking bike too. I don't think it weighed much over 500 lbs wet.

True. he mentioned it being a Canadian only bike but maybe he meant a Canadian spec bike (no emissions).

It was a rocket and a good looking bike too. I don't think it weighed much over 500 lbs wet.
My buddy has changed everything on his in the past 18 years, except the motor. Literally everything else is either aftermarket or from a different model Kaw. I'll end up with it eventually I'm sure, he also owns the 14r I posted a pic of a month or so ago, the 12 doesn't get ridden much.

go out early in the morning or late in the afternoon just before dark. It's actually a pretty technical ride to do at speed.
We got there by 10 on Friday and just beat the crowds. I does require all my unskilled attention, and challenged me. Reminds me of when my buddy was running a go-cart track and we would shut it down to put our bikes on it.
The V-Strom handled the dragon amazing and set the pace! I was impressed.

My buddy has changed everything on his in the past 18 years, except the motor. Literally everything else is either aftermarket or from a different model Kaw. I'll end up with it eventually I'm sure, he also owns the 14r I posted a pic of a month or so ago, the 12 doesn't get ridden much.
I'd say lucky you...

|I should have bought my buddy's when he first mentioned selling it. It was a beautiful grey-silver with black accents.

He bought a new ZX14R and often mentions his 12R seemed to be quicker...

We got there by 10 on Friday and just beat the crowds. I does require all my unskilled attention, and challenged me. Reminds me of when my buddy was running a go-cart track and we would shut it down to put our bikes on it.
The V-Strom handled the dragon amazing and set the pace! I was impressed.
Lower speeds and big wide handlebars all helped I reckon.

It's over rated ;). It's hard to get any flow going. You need never leave second gear. Technical for high speed is an understatement if ever there was one :)
Definitely not much flow, unless you really know it, and yep 2nd gear most of the way.
I'd say lucky you...

|I should have bought my buddy's when he first mentioned selling it. It was a beautiful grey-silver with black accents.

He bought a new ZX14R and often mentions his 12R seemed to be quicker...
Interesting, my brother is selling his even tho it does everything he needs and is still fast AF. It is just 19 years old. Hard to believe. And the 14 although awesome, just isn’t giving him the feels. Not sure yet what to replace it with.

Definitely not much flow, unless you really know it, and yep 2nd gear most of the way.

Interesting, my brother is selling his even tho it does everything he needs and is still fast AF. It is just 19 years old. Hard to believe. And the 14 although awesome, just isn’t giving him the feels. Not sure yet what to replace it with.
That's a conundrum for sure....maybe an H2 SX?

That's a conundrum for sure....maybe an H2 SX?
A Busa silly boys....

Back