Canadian vacation

jessup

Just because the dog eats it doesnt mean
Donating Member
Registered
Here are some pics of My brother In-Law's Island in Canada... The Island is on Charleston Lake aprox 45mins from Watertown NY. Great place for family vacations, fishing trips... The island is around two football fields in length and about two hundred feet in width. The park services put an Osprey's nest on the Island and now you can here the sounds of baby Osprey getting their first meal and taking thier first flight.

First pic... Is my Wife... my dog and my brother In - law teaching his son how to catch sunnies!

front_dock_dana_midnight_justin_dave.JPG

Next pic is of the back deck... I'm the dork with the questionable hat and the chicken legs.

deck_fishing.JPG

This is Bovey's Island... Used to be owned by the Bovey family... They owned it for a really long time but once the parents passed the children decided to sell... We go over to bathe on their beach... And we pull tons of fish of the cliffs around their Island...

bovey_s_island.JPG

Here is a nice pic of the front side of the Island... It is a direct view of the dock where my wife, dog , and brother In law were fishing.

front_side.JPG

Here is another pic of my Dog and his friend brutus.... Since I forgot my battery charger this is all I have... As more come in I will post.

midnight_brutus.JPG

nice pics....

dayum, nothing like owning your own island....
cool.gif
You can actually buy an Island for roughly 200k... Then you gotta buy a boat... decide to build a cabin... a dock... propane and so on and so on... I decided to be really nice to my brother in law... cheaper much much cheaper
tounge.gif

Great Bass fishing, pike... lake trout... Awesome sunsets and good beer! Can't ask for more... Only down side is no busa

That is a beautiful part of the country. I've spent alot of time boating in the Alexandria Bay, NY area. A great place to get away and relax. Great pictures. Looks like you had a great time.

*sigh* Don't have scenery like that in KS!

Nice pix, thanks for sharing!

What's funny is we have trouble filling all the vacancies for the guy trip in early spring. we can fit like ten or twelve people and almost always only have five to six. There is a total of three boats... Two smaller ones with outboards and the four winns... Next spring I will post up before the trip if any of you fisherman wanna stop by and fish for a day or two or three...

That's a nice place. Charleston Lake is like an hour away from where I have my trailer (Havelock, Ontario). Too bad, I didn't know you were coming, we could have hooked up. Perhaps next year, and yeah, why not a group ride coming from various US and Canada points. Fishing, BBQ and just kicking back and riding local twisties. Great pics, I am sure you had a blast. Cheers.

I'll be up next spring for a guys trip... I'll let you know when the dates are... Maybe I will ride up...

Me my wife, mother in law, Step father in law, brother In law, sister In law, nephew and my shepard.

family_portrait.jpg

The dock... We spent an entire weekend in the early spring of last year rebuilding the dock after Ice flows pulled it from the moorings. You wouldn't believe how much work goes into hand building a dock with limited power tool use. Plus, the water is around fifteen feet deep five feet of the island then drops to forty to fifty feet deep another four feet out. We had to dive for giant rocks to set into the cribs that we hand built with railroad ties and 6x6's that were lagged together into six foot high by five foot wide rectangles... Imagine being fifteen to twenty feet under water walking with a hundred pound rock to drop into the crib. Walking uphill under water carrying a giant rock... it was actually fun.

dock_and_boat.jpg

Back