Canada

mikeled86

SHOT TIME RIP D.A.M
Donating Member
Registered
So I figured earlier this week I was going to ride up to canada this weekend so I will be headin up friday after work and coming back on sunday its about a three to four hour ride from where I am at straight shot up I-75. I've been there before but never on a bike so I am wondering what you need to cross the border? Fyi I am crossing over via detroit-windsor tunnel last time they weren't so friendly so i want to make this as painless as possible

Im surprised nobody had any advice for you.. Wish I had some, but I have never made that trip. I know someone who did though from Canada to here and back. He didnt mention anything negative, so I would assume everything went ok. Good luck on your trip and ride safe.

no bro. no advice here either. have fun. dont forget pics
cool.gif

I came back from Nova Scotia/New Brunswick two weeks ago. All I needed was to show my drivers license to get in.(They didn't ask me to take off my full face helmet)
To get back to the states I used my drivers license and bith certificate.

pics are a must i am heading up to get
all_coholic.gif
with a couple buddies( no drinking and ridin) only thing i am worried about crossing on my is them messing with me because the bike might be hot (its not thats what i heard they do to people on bikes so you have to have all your papers) plus I just heard I75 is shut down in detriot so i have no clue how to get to tunnel. hopfully my GPS will work on my phone so I can figure out where I am going.

I came back from Nova Scotia/New Brunswick two weeks ago. All I needed was to show my drivers license to get in.(They didn't ask me to take off my full face helmet)
To get back to the states I used my drivers license and bith certificate.
good deal just wanted to make sure everything was on the up and up.

I'm Canadian, so it might be a bit different, but there usually isn't any major hassle. I've never crossed on a bike, but I have in a car and plane. Just make sure you have all your bike and personal papers (insurance, registration, DL, ect.)

FWIW, I always found Canadian customs a lot less friendly than the US customs officers. Nothing major, they just ask a lot more questions.

Enjoy the trip!

My son (19) went to Canada on the same route you're taking last weekend with his buddy (also 19) who drove his dad's truck up and back. They were stopped both ways, truck searched, frisked, drug-sniffing dogs, and interrogated. My son had his passport and they both had their birth certificates. My son's buddy also had a note from his parents saying the truck wasn't stolen and he had permission to drive it. They needed all of it plus DL's.

They didn't mind the hassle. Thought it was kind of fun. I would consider it a PITA. When they were put in the interrogation room they were with about a dozen other teenagers. Border guard making a statement I guess. Must be trying to catch all those teenage college student terrorists entering and exiting the country.

Have fun. I've done that drive up 75 a few times "“ straight and boring. My son and I are riding from Troy to Columbus tomorrow for the Mopar Nats.

i been to canada in a car just not on a motorcycle hopes its painless

I've travelled across the boarder on my bike countless times with no hassles at all. Just make sure you have have a passport or picture ID (eg:Drivers license)and birth certificate. Never even had to take off my helmet.

All the boarder guards usually ask, where you going, how long are you staying, any weapons, how much booze/smokes you bringing. And as trekfuel pointed out, leave the weapons at home!

Have a great trip mike and ride safe.
ThumbsUp.gif

Back