Can you eat food that was frozen/thawed/re-frozen and continually used on an injury?

Cookie

Registered
Can you safely use a bag of frozen vegetables to help reduce swelling on an injury, use it over and over, re-freeze, and then consider it a safe viable segment of food to eat in a meal?

I am pretty picky with my food and say "No! I won't eat it?" I like fresh everything.

What are the thoughts on IF it would be considered edible or trash and how, why, what facts support your claim?

???

Re: Can you eat food that was frozen/thawed/re-frozen and continually used on an inju

Think that would depend on how long it was thawed out. Otta be OK. Veg's don't get
nasty like the meat: don't eat the mean green gangrene.

Re: Can you eat food that was frozen/thawed/re-frozen and continually used on an inju

Why are they in the freezer? I thought you liked it fresh? :laugh:
Just don't take the Peas out of the bag when you use them for the swelling and you should be good to go when you want to eat them.:rofl:
Bubba

"I am pretty picky with my food and say "No! I won't eat it?" I like fresh everything."

Do I really have to answer your question ???

Come on dude, put a big "+" on the bag and mark it "First Aid" :rulez:

Then get some real food :laugh:

Cookie....this ones out there my friend :lol:

Hmmm....can't tell you how many times you could use & re-use them for an injury. But man, I have to tell you....these steam fresh veggies from Birds Eye are tasty & quick. Maybe they'll do the trick. :laugh: However there is no substitute for the real deal fresh stuff :poke:

Asia.jpg

Veggies, yes. Meat, no.

But why?

--Wag--

If your talking frozen peas to soothe after a vasectomy, then ferghetta boudit! eww.

IMO
It isn't food anymore if it was frozen/thawed/re-frozen and continually used on an injury.
It is an injury ice-pack.

I guess I'd side with no you dont want to eat them... Then again it really depends on a number of things.

First do they thaw completely? If so they should not be refrozen.
If they do not, do they maintain a sealed environment (ie can your wound get into the bag)? If not, again dont eat them.
What type of veg are you talkin about here? Some are more easily destroyed by the fluctuation in temp.

I guess the real deal is would you? Only you can answer that one but hey, if you eat it and feel like crap later, then you will have learned the true answer to your question :thumbsup:

E-coli takes 4 hours in the danger zone (Roughly between 45-120 degrees) to reproduce. After that it takes 20 mintutes to reproduce again. E-Coli is relatively tame when it comes to food-born illness because it takes so many to kill us. Our bodies already have some e-coli to help break down food. So if you use your ice pack for 20 minutes at a time and put it right back in the freezer. The veggies are in the danger zone for approximately 10 minutes. It would take 24 of these to have the bacteria reproduce once in ideal conditions. More than likely the food was not ridden with E-Coli to begin with, so that number starts off very small. Not that E-COLI is your only worry with food-borne illness associated with frozen food. It is used as an example as the most likely.

People leave their steaks on the counter all day long at room temperature and they cook up real nice. The big cross on the sucker and not eating it is probably your best bet though.

When I had my vasectomy, I used frozen corn on my junk. Subsequently, I served said corn at christmas dinner without telling anyone in my family what said corn had been used for. yeah, im a prick like that....:laugh:

when i had my vasectomy, i used frozen corn on my junk. Subsequently, i served said corn at christmas dinner without telling anyone in my family what said corn had been used for. Yeah, im a prick like that....:laugh:

awesome!

my time in the military has shown me that i can eat a lot of things i wouldnt have thought possible...

I've done it plenty of times, maybe that explains it :whistle:

if you like your food always fresh............why are you considering eating frozen food:rofl::whistle::beerchug:?

If you put butter on it should be ok.

I think cookie went to the ER...must have been something he ate :whistle:

Back