Can You Drive a STICK ?

oh my, look who's driving.

StickShift.png

I know I am OLD but there are a lot of DUMBAZZEZ in the World that Cannot Drive a MANUAL TRANSMISSION. :flush:
Actually, most of the world drive manuals. Even ladies, elderly people and people who can't read. The problem you point out is an USA problem.

I learned to drive a standard in a 70 Ford Maverick, three on the column.

Well, just because someone doesn't know how to drive a standard tranny doesn't make them a dumazz. C'mon. They just need someone to teach them how.

:whistle:

Anyone remember how to double-clutch? Saved a couple clutches by learning how to do it!

--Wag--

:rofl:
I think it would be effortless to learn to drive a stick today, something like a Toyoya you can just let the clutch out slowly without any gas and off you go, they practically shift themselves, well kinda:laugh: My dad insisted that the first car I drove be something a bit more challenging, a 1950 Ford Falcon 3 speed on the column, oh what a fine automobile that was. :cheerleader:

My boy was 7 when I started to teach him in a 91' Toyota Privia. Was always asking me why I had to change gears so one day I put the seat back, got him to sit on the front portion of the seat and while I operated the gas/clutch he'd go through the gears. After about 6 months he was telling me when to push the clutch etc.

Had to sell the van last year and and I kid you not, if he'd been able to reach the pedals at 9 he'd put most of these younger guys to shame!

Btw this was done mostly in an empty parking lot. Sometime if there wasn't any traffic I'd let him drive up our street and park the van in the driveway.

Driving a traditional transmission is easy as hell. Being in the trucking industry I got the privilge of learning to drive on a browning transmission. 2 sticks
Very tricky learning to drive one of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be effortless to learn to drive a stick today, something like a Toyoya you can just let the clutch out slowly without any gas and off you go, they practically shift themselves, well kinda:laugh: My dad insisted that the first car I drove be something a bit more challenging, a 1950 Ford Falcon 3 speed on the column, oh what a fine automobile that was. :cheerleader:
I think you meant 60 Falcon.. my first car was a 62 Falcon... 144cu of pure tire spinning power... was a lot more fun after I put a 289HO motor in it..

Back