Can You Drive a STICK ?

Try it again, or he will tell whole damn world that you unable to learn...

First sit in the car with engine off, depress the clutch and start shifting gears fast, until you can do it without looking down. Cars tranny has synchronizes, unlike motorcycles. You don`t have to switch sequentially like bikes.

Then start the engine and learn friction zone of the clutch.

You will be moving in no time.. :beerchug:

or better yet just rev it up to about 3K rpms and slide your foot off the side of the clutch! THAT will get you moving in no time!!:laugh:

ok so i have access to a mid 90's dodge ram 5 speed is this good practice. yeah i have rode a bus every day for the last 6 years and i mean every day

I can see it now :whistle:

Attachments

• w2.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 131
I think it would be effortless to learn to drive a stick today, something like a Toyoya you can just let the clutch out slowly without any gas and off you go, they practically shift themselves, well kinda:laugh: My dad insisted that the first car I drove be something a bit more challenging, a 1950 Ford Falcon 3 speed on the column, oh what a fine automobile that was. :cheerleader:

1950 Ford Falcon was a Fine Automobile !!!!! 3 on a TREE !!! You could Actually Hear the Engine :bowdown:

A few weeks ago the neighbors 20 year old daughter let her dumAZZ boyfreind talk her into buying a used WRX. Well She had never driven a stick. So she shows up at our campout in tears and after a few of the other guys attempted to show her how to drive it I was well on my way to a buzz so I wasn't going to be the one. Young, Blonde, dumb as a post. LSS she took it back and asked the dealer if they would "Take it Back" to which they laughed and said ..Umm no! But we will let you trade it in on another one with an Automatic. I have no idea how much she is into this POS for but I was just befuddled!:banghead:

sure i know what a clutch is on a bike i put 29k on my 03 busa and now 5k on my 08 busa should be easy. if i can shift from 0-150mph in 10 seconds on my 08 i can drive a stick in a car

Last edited:
sure i know what a clutch is on a bike i put 29k on my 03 busa and now 5k on my 08 busa should be easy. if i can shift from 0-150mph in 10 seconds on my 08 i can drive a stick in a car

You are...........

post-12-40996-Reminder_1_.jpg

:laugh:"cancel baker, some idiot in a dodge ram just stalled in the middle of the road and caused an accident".

flame on i tried on a 95 honda accord and i stalled so many times he just got pissed. there you go robert that was be for i rode a bike about 10 years ago. i have never trided since then

How could you tell the Honda accord was pissed?:poke:

the gals I run with can drive a stick very well.......... thank you

Do you FREAKIN Realize How many Young People Can't Drive a Stick ???

<snip>

This is What is Wrong with the Younger Generation !!!!!!!!! They ALL are a BUNCH of FEMALE CAT'S !!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

Some old people can't drive a stick either...like my mom.
I'm pretty sure she's not a female cat. :dunno: :laugh:

And I dare say, I think a lot of young people shouldn't be allowed to drive, pro-create, vote... based on demonstrated lack of judgment.

I taught myself how to drive my first car, which had a stick on the steering column.
Can anyone guess which car that was? :laugh:

Commence thread jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back