Can you delete the gauge cluster?

busakiller

Registered
So I know this sounds silly and dumb. But can I delete the gauge cluster on my gen 1? Will it still run right and not go in limp mode? I have a pod 300 on the bike so I can see everything I want to see. Only thing I would need to do is get a temp gauge. The bike is a drag bike. If I can cut weight I want to cut it.

My man getting serious.

I just track bike for fun. But I took rubbers and weights off front pegs. Delete back pegs and took handlebar weights off. Few other things also. Easiest for me would be loose 40 lbs. Thats suppost to be my normal weight. But I love food

Lol. I don’t have any use for the dash that’s why I want to take it out. I have the pod 300 and that does everything I need. I’m pretty sure I can get it to read coolant temp. Just need to wire it in.

I don’t need to know what rpm I’m at since the pod 300 has 3 lights on it and you can set them up for shift light or a warning light for something else. Plus if you have auto shift you really don’t need a tach at all. Im just curious if I take this off of it would slow the bike down cause the ecu thinks something’s wrong

I don’t need to know what rpm I’m at since the pod 300 has 3 lights on it and you can set them up for shift light or a warning light for something else. Plus if you have auto shift you really don’t need a tach at all. Im just curious if I take this off of it would slow the bike down cause the ecu thinks something’s wrong
Just disconnect it, there is a single connector but unplug battery 1st. Should still work fine. If you are interested in selling the removed gages let me know think I shorted mine out or something while doing new faces.

I have been riding mine for a few weeks without guage, I mean it will run if that is what you are asking. Signals may be a problem if not on the pod 300.?

Back