Can the VIN be determined from engine serial number?

I feel a little stupid. I just had the thought to check for spark plugs. There are no plugs in the engine! No doubt when he washed the engine after testing and removing it from the bike he got water in there.

In MN when we transfer title for motorcycle's you have to give them the serial number off the motor. So maybe contact dmv and see if they can link the motor to a Vin number. I have ran into problems with serial numbers not matching vin.

I feel a little stupid. I just had the thought to check for spark plugs. There are no plugs in the engine! No doubt when he washed the engine after testing and removing it from the bike he got water in there.

You mean he tested the motor, pulled the plugs and (then) washed it?

I believe so. He did a compression test in the bike, and the motor is obviously washed … so that is my best guess. Probably one of his employees did the removal and washing so he only knows the engine was good, not the rest of the story.

Hopefully the only damage is the visible rusty mud in the two cylinders.

I believe so. He did a compression test in the bike, and the motor is obviously washed … so that is my best guess. Probably one of his employees did the removal and washing so he only knows the engine was good, not the rest of the story.

Hopefully the only damage is the visible rusty mud in the two cylinders.
u mean u didn't even look any further than that?

Suzuki owners manual tells new owners to record engine number , and bike vin # in boxes provided in manual for future reference if needed .

Kawasaki could tell me the year a engine came out of a bike but not the ZRX's actual vin #

Back