Can The Factory Stator And Rectifier Handle?????

Cjbowler

Registered
i want to add my Rockford fosgate amp (tapped into brake light with toggle switch and in line fuse), do I need to upgrade stator and rectifier?
let me know what info you guys need on amp to determine

It is not a car . Yes it will damage your charging system with its mere 450 watts = about 33 amps that you are using 2/3 's of just to run the bike . Your average car puts out 105 to 155 amps for comparison .

Sure buddy most higher power set ups add 100 watts I'm sure you can run a amp now

Once I make the upgrade....Where should I tap in for the power? The brake Line (10 amp fuse) or straight from battery?. Of course I have a toggle switch. Or is there somewhere else I can tap into?

Once I make the upgrade....Where should I tap in for the power? The brake Line (10 amp fuse) or straight from battery?. Of course I have a toggle switch. Or is there somewhere else I can tap into?
I never heard of anyone trying to tap a brake light wire to feed an amp. Look at the gauge of that wire vs a 1 or 0 gauge that normally comes in your average amp wiring kits available out there. You'll be melting things quickly. By the correct gauge your amp calls for and go straight to battery terminal. As for the bike charging system being able to handle all that, I have no clue.

From all your postings you have had problems . Have you ever thought just use ear buds or is your next trick hey look @ my busa its on fire from the melted electrical I knew nothing about or was qualified to modify it .
I'm guessing your determined to annoy your neighborhood with a stereo .

Reactions: Ham
Use a relay

Back