Can the 01 bastard year ecu be flashed?

1bondoman

Registered
Can the 01 bastard year busa ecu be flashed like the 02-07 ecu?
To the best of my knowledge it can't . I got a local performance bike shop telling one of my buddies that he can do a full tune and flash on his 01.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Not talking abt using an old yosh box either.

As far as I know(for whatever that's worth) anything before 02 cannot be flashed with Ecu Editor or Woolrich.

I have an 01 and the short answer is no.

But: You can fit the 02-07 32-bit ECU and rotor then flash away to your heart's content.

It is a direct plug-in to the existing wiring harness. I did my 01 and the basic flashing I've done works fine.

Yeah I wasn't sure but I thought the 01 had the 16bit ecu and the Flash Software was developed for the 32 bit ecu's. So whomever is telling him they can flash it is selling him beach front property in Kansas....:laugh:

Yeah I wasn't sure but I thought the 01 had the 16bit ecu and the Flash Software was developed for the 32 bit ecu's. So whomever is telling him they can flash it is selling him beach front property in Kansas....:laugh:

Ya the same place has already ripped a few friends of mine off.

See that's the good thing about this forum.... if your unsure about something or somebody..... all you gotta do is post up and the busa guru's will put the waders on and sort through the bullchit :thumbsup:

Back