Can someone tell me.....

MoNoXiDe

Registered
what these are called? Also, anyone know where I can order some black ones to replace the chrome.

8339555629_bf3121f908_c.jpg

Wow thanks six. :beerchug: I owe you a beer. I know the middle one is a yoke cap. the sides are triple tree fork caps. i just didnt know what those are called. Im going to order the yoke cap and fork caps in black.

Wow thanks six. :beerchug: I owe you a beer. I know the middle one is a yoke cap. the sides are triple tree fork caps. i just didnt know what those are called. Im going to order the yoke cap and fork caps in black.

I'de say you don't owe me anything, but if you're offering a beer, then sure, I'll take it:laugh:

And FYI to anyone who wants to know, Greg Smith sells them.
They are called triple tree bolt covers
Triple Tree Bolt Covers

Hey Marty, Do you have any chrome ones? I need some for my bike. I hope all is well and you had a great Christmas. See ya soon

I will pay it fwd. I have chrome on mine. Stock ones are chrome. If you want them I'll give you mine once I put the black ones on.

Hey that would be great. I will PM you my address. Hayabusa.org, The greatest place on the web :thumbsup: Thanks so much

Hey Marty, Do you have any chrome ones? I need some for my bike. I hope all is well and you had a great Christmas. See ya soon

I did have a great Christmas Doug, I hope you did too.
You need to ride the B-King when it warms up.

I figured instead of opening another thread I'd just ask another question on this one. How hard is it to take the S off the gas tank? Also if I take it off and get another in red, what to use to put it back on? Has anyone done that before? any tips or suggestions.....

I figured instead of opening another thread I'd just ask another question on this one. How hard is it to take the S off the gas tank? Also if I take it off and get another in red, what to use to put it back on? Has anyone done that before? any tips or suggestions.....

I removed the chrome S's on my tank.
A little heat helps(hair dryer), just peal them back slowly.
Fishing line or fine string will help get a corner up to start if you can't grab it with a finger nail.
Goo Gone or some type of solevant remover to get the glue off.
I also used masking tape to box in the stock S's. That way I could put the stock size black sticker S's I got to replace them with in the same spot.
I seriously doubt you could get the stock ones off intact enough to scuff and paint them, as you'll see the wrinkles in them from peeling them.
I do not know where you could get a stock replacement of a different color either.
You could buy new stock ones, remove the chrome, and paint them too.
Too remove the chrome soak them in hot water and any drain cleaner with a high content of sodium hydroxide. The chrome will come off on it's own. Clean and paint them.
If you do get the thick stock ones as replacements I'de use a clear silicone to put them on. That way you won't damage the paint, and they'll stay on yet come off easy if need be.
I got my tank stickers here.

Suzuki S

Skeche may be able to make them for you also.

The black caps went out in the mail today too.

I removed the chrome S's on my tank.
A little heat helps(hair dryer), just peal them back slowly.
Fishing line or fine string will help get a corners up to start if you can't grab it with a finger nail.
Goo Gone or some type of solevant remover to get the glue off.
I also used masking tape to box in the stock S's. That way I could put the stock size black sticker S's I got to replace them with.
I seriously doubt you could get the stock ones off intact enough to scuff and paint them.
I do not know where you could get a stock replacement of a different color either.
You could buy new stock ones and try painting them, but I have no idea how good that may or may not work.
I got my tank stickers here.

Suzuki S

Skeche may be able to make them for you also.

The black caps went out in the mail today too.

Do you mind snapping a pic of yours?

Probably one of the better pictures of them that I have.
I traded my Busa about a month ago for a B-King too, so can't take any new ones.

SDC11701.jpg

Probably one of the better pictures of them that I have.
I traded my Busa about a month ago for a B-King too, so can't take any new ones.

That has a nice flow with the color of your bike. I dig it. I was thinking red for my S's black you wouldn't be able to see. I just want them to flow right or I'll just leave them off.

Back