Can someone please help?????

Unp3d1ctable

Registered
Do I need to install a power commander on my 2012 Hayabusa, for VooDoo Slip ons? I've heard so many different things and I don't want to end up with a busted engine because I took the wrong advice. Please help?

no you dont need to...though it will run low on power if you dont instal a custome map...there will be no motor damage though.

I've heard so many different things and I don't want to end up with a busted engine because I took the wrong advice. Please help?

Should only be one of two choices: YES or NO. For slip-ons, not needed. if/when you go with a FULL exhaust, then dyno/tune in the hands of an experienced tuner (using ECU Editor and/or PC) will give most for your $$.

Other than making the worst decision for exhaust you might need a PC. Because you're removing a big part of the exhaust and adding more airflow to an otherwise already lean running stock bike. I would get a PC and have if tuned.

I can tell you that everyone saying that you do not need a powercommander, or to adjust your fueling is some way has one thing in common: they have NOT spent any time on a dyno, and are not qualified to make recommendations or baseless opinions in this area. You have changed the exhaust on a bike that is already lean, right from the factory. GMbusa is spot on.

Do you need to map this bike? Only if you want it to run right. Will you hurt the motor if you don't? No. There are plenty of riders putting lots of miles on unmapped bikes, and bikes with incorrect maps going down the road. Out of curiosity, POWERHOUSE put a powercommander on a bone stock busa and took it to the dyno for mapping. I found this bike's afr screwed up throughout, built a custom map and took this particular Gen 1 from 160 to 168 rwhp SAE. It told us a lot about stock mapping, and the differences between bikes.

The fact that you are going for the Voodoos tells me that you are more about the look and the noise than you are about smooth throttle response and good power throughout, anyway.

I can tell you that everyone saying that you do not need a powercommander, or to adjust your fueling is some way has one thing in common: they have NOT spent any time on a dyno, and are not qualified to make recommendations or baseless opinions in this area. You have changed the exhaust on a bike that is already lean, right from the factory. GMbusa is spot on.

Do you need to map this bike? Only if you want it to run right. Will you hurt the motor if you don't? No. There are plenty of riders putting lots of miles on unmapped bikes, and bikes with incorrect maps going down the road. Out of curiosity, POWERHOUSE put a powercommander on a bone stock busa and took it to the dyno for mapping. I found this bike's afr screwed up throughout, built a custom map and took this particular Gen 1 from 160 to 168 rwhp SAE. It told us a lot about stock mapping, and the differences between bikes.

The fact that you are going for the Voodoos tells me that you are more about the look and the noise than you are about smooth throttle response and good power throughout, anyway.

Apparently your "need" and "want" thinking is off. I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure no replies said he wouldn't benefit from tuning. I think everyone is just saying he won't explode riding down the street.

The last paragraph in your post IS the basis for my opinion, as with others I'm sure.

Back