Can someone measure their Gen I forks for me?

Birdoprey

Registered
Wondering if someone could do me a favor? Need someone to measure their Gen I forks? Looking for length(top of fork tube to center of axle) with the forks fully extended, as well as the length of the fork slider that is exposed(to the fork tube, not to the seal).
The 03 I recently bought has the tubes pulled 3/4" in the clamps, but it looked lower than I would have thought. Looking at the fork tube that is exposed, it looks like my forks may have been lowered internally. Fully extended, I only have 4" exposed. The fork length from the top of the tube(not the preload adjuster) to the center of the axle is 27 1/4". If I recall correctly, the stk forks should be 28 1/2" fully extended.
I don't want shortened forks since i mostly street ride these days.

Best I can do on short notice before going to work.

2007 Busa, all stock, on center stand. I pulled up on the bars and don't think the forks compressed at all, but I didn't have a helper to completely unload them.

Length of the exposed slider from above the seal (where it meets the main fork) is 5 3/16"

From the top of the upper triple tree, but below the handlebar top thing and the rubber rings below that to the very bottom of the fork is 29 3/8".
-- Measuring only to the bottom of the exposed slider is 23 7/8".
-- Doing the math, the length of the exposed slider is off by 1/16" of the direct measurement in the previous paragraph.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

shortened tubes normaly just have a spacer installed inside. This can be removed to get full stock travel again.

Best I can do on short notice before going to work.

2007 Busa, all stock, on center stand. I pulled up on the bars and don't think the forks compressed at all, but I didn't have a helper to completely unload them.

Length of the exposed slider from above the seal (where it meets the main fork) is 5 3/16"

From the top of the upper triple tree, but below the handlebar top thing and the rubber rings below that to the very bottom of the fork is 29 3/8".
-- Measuring only to the bottom of the exposed slider is 23 7/8".
-- Doing the math, the length of the exposed slider is off by 1/16" of the direct measurement in the previous paragraph.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. It does help.
Looks like mine have been shortened 1 1/4-1 1/2" or so.

Back