Can someone do a VIN check for me on a bike?

Gotcha.. Well I'll go over there tomorrow and check the VIN on the frame and on the block.. (I know they are different as the block is newer)... And I have a photocopy of the title.

Gotcha.. Well I'll go over there tomorrow and check the VIN on the frame and on the block.. (I know they are different as the block is newer)... And I have a photocopy of the title.

no dmv bccause it is registered to state of arizona.. check your PM..SALVAGE TITLE!!

This page did return the results of "1991 HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHTC-ULTRA"

I am sure you know that the bike in the picture is NOT an ULTRA. Unless, it morphed thru the years from its original form

9718_0_1_2_flhtc%201340%20electra%20glide%20classic_Submitted%20by%20anonymous%20user..jpg

You have to be careful with the harley stuff. I did a complete service and alot of stuff on one awhile back. I called harley to order the last bit of stuff i didn't have, ran the vin came back as a Ultra Classic, but bike had road king all over it. I took pics and engine vin to harley and cross matched it. I called dmv and got last registered owner info, come to find out it was up for repo. The bank had been looking for months, i finished work, told them where shop was and they paid full bill plus finders fee. The guy ended up in jail... I check bikes, so don't bring no hot stuff to my place or cops will come if it's not on up and up...

I am sure you know that the bike in the picture is NOT an ULTRA. Unless, it morphed thru the years from its original form

9718_0_1_2_flhtc%201340%20electra%20glide%20classic_Submitted%20by%20anonymous%20user..jpg

Yes I know it's not a fully dressed ultra. But that is what at least the frame came up with. Again, I haven't ran the VIN on the motor. This one's history sounds like it's been totalled. Possiblly twice and rebuilt. So it's VERY possible it has done a LOT of morphing.

You have to be careful with the harley stuff. I did a complete service and alot of stuff on one awhile back. I called harley to order the last bit of stuff i didn't have, ran the vin came back as a Ultra Classic, but bike had road king all over it. I took pics and engine vin to harley and cross matched it. I called dmv and got last registered owner info, come to find out it was up for repo. The bank had been looking for months, i finished work, told them where shop was and they paid full bill plus finders fee. The guy ended up in jail... I check bikes, so don't bring no hot stuff to my place or cops will come if it's not on up and up...

That's in general about bikes period here in Houston. MOST ESPECIALLY our beloved Hayabusas. There use to be a lot of chop shops that finally got busted, etc. But either way, this guy use to be a Police Motorcycle Mechanic and always trying to get my wife and I to go to church with him and his wife. So I hope that gives him some creditability. But I guess that doesn't mean he's not human like the next guy is.

The bigger the mystery, the easier it is to keep your money and walk away! (unless you really have to have it).

Yea.. Agreed.. Pretty much decided, unless he's just going to give it away (haha), I don't want it, and for sure as hell don't need it.

Back