Can someone confirm if these are stock 2001 injectors?

Dr. Gonzo

Registered
Tried searching on the part number, but can't find anything online anywhere:

Thanks,
Gonz

Last edited by a moderator:
You got a part # or something you can read off them? If not it might help to post up sum pics with a little better lighting

Other than the Kei Hin logo and the PA17 listed on the side I didn't see any other markings. I'll try to get some better lit pictures tonight though and post them up. I know the stockers in my '07 have the same logo, but have a different number/letter combo so hoping these are higher flow.

Gonz

They're currently back in the rail, but here's a 4th picture in a little better light. Is there some part of the injector that I should be looking at to tell me it's stock? All I can see for markings is the Keihin logo, "PA 17" on one side, and "ABS A" on the other.

Thanks,
Gonz

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive got 3 sets of OEM's and none of them have the same numbers on them.... they certainly look stock.... for peace of mind you could send them to MPS and have them cleaned and flowed. They will be able to tell you for sure with the flow rate plus the added benefit of knowing all 4 are match

Hmm... good idea, but I'd hate to flow test and clean what could very likely be stock injectors that I'd then have to replace anyway. I just found a discussion on another forum where they say the numbers/letters on the injectors are just date codes and don't tell you what they are. :( If that's truly the case then I guess my best bet might be just to look at buying some confirmed S2000 injectors. I can probably use these for now since I'm only going to run an 8lb spring. Next year if I up the boost a bit I'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade.

Appreciate the help guys,
Gonz

Skip past the S2000's and go with something bigger... if your going to spend the money, spend it once.

Hmm... good idea, but I'd hate to flow test and clean what could very likely be stock injectors that I'd then have to replace anyway. I just found a discussion on another forum where they say the numbers/letters on the injectors are just date codes and don't tell you what they are. :( If that's truly the case then I guess my best bet might be just to look at buying some confirmed S2000 injectors. I can probably use these for now since I'm only going to run an 8lb spring. Next year if I up the boost a bit I'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade.

Appreciate the help guys,
Gonz

MPS doesn't charge you if they are bad.

Hey Iceman, as long as I can get up to and including 300hp out of the S2000 injectors I'm pretty much fine. I did get kind of a sour face from my tuner when I mentioned them since he said they can have some issues at idle (thought that's what he said anyway). I guess if there's something better that's around the same price I'm open for suggestions.

Postal, wasn't so much concerned about them being bad, just that if they're stock I'd be paying to have them cleaned and flow tested only to replace them with something else that flows more. :)

Gonz

Hrmm... for close to $500 bucks they'd better be the best. :) Going to keep an eye out and see what I can get for a bit cheaper that will still be good for 300hp or so without being at 105% duty.

On a side note, as I'm putting together my fuel system I'd like to get it dialed in as close as I can before I go for the tune. If I put one of these somewhere after the fuel pump would I get a pretty reasonable idea of where my fuel pressure is?

Actron/Pro fuel tester kit (CP7838) | Fuel Pressure Tester | AutoZone.com

Is T-ing this into the line going to work or will it be completely inacurate unless I tie into the fuel rail? In the long run I'll be putting in a gauge cluster with boost, FP, and A/F, but I haven't decided what I want to go with yet. I figure I have all winter to order stuff and get it ready for spring install.

Thanks,
Gonz

personally i would use the pressure port off of the fuel pressure regulator. are you sticking with the stock pump or going with a fuel return system?

I'm in the process of moving the whole setup from my (no longer turbo'd) '01 over to my (soon to be turbo'd) '07. The fuel pump is now external as is the fuel filter. The setup goes tank->external filter->external pump->rail->FMU->tank which I suspect is pretty much how it's supposed to work. From the markings on the pump I believe it to be this guy:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/atx-e8248

Do I still have the fuel pressure regulator or did that go with my old returnless sytem?

Gonz

Back