Can Rick Perry dig himself any deeper of a hole to climb out of?

GNBRETT

Registered
lets face it the debates are job interviews and this guy just continues to make such a fool out of himself. is this the guy we really want running our country? god I hope not. I dont think he's an idiot but he sure is convincing the world otherwise.

Republican debate: "Oops" - watch Rick Perry's chances in presidential race disappear - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
You HAVE to be a good debater to run for POTUS, he should have been practicing....

Would have been a good time for a joke.....but it kinda made HIM one...

we need a president who cannot only think on his feet but think for himself. you just cant say "Im not a good debater and would confer with my staff". all the money in the world cannot help him at this point I fear.

I do like his tax plan tho but unfortunately it wont be enough to save him at this point. ur the Gov of TX and you cant remember the dept. of energy? scary!

is this the guy we really want running our country?

Hey now, remember.... Perry said that "God told me to run..."

I’m a republican and this stuff is so embarrassing, it’s unreal..... why the Party continues to pander to the religious nutcase right is just amazing. Personally, I want my president to make a decision based on 1) Rule of Law 2) Because it is the best thing for all of America, not because “God told me to do itâ€￾.....

I dont think he's an idiot but he sure is convincing the world otherwise.

He does demonstrate some amount of idiocy, but... I am much more concerned about Romney than Perry. Perry isn't electable. Cain and Buchanan are both laughable. As amazing as it seems, unless the Red Team wakes up and does something really fast towards finding a viable candidate, this is shaping up to be Obama vs Romney affair next Nov. Even the Dems know that it's Romney they will face in the election next year.

Which will be very unfortunate... :disagree:

yea, I like many things about Cain but I dont think he has a real chance either. Romney is the only guy that will give Obama a run. politics as usual.

We are so screwed that a guy who owns a pizza chain is competing with the republican jokers!
So sorry that this is the best they have to offer? January is almost here. This is the field we have to choose from? What a bunch of 'could never win jokers'!

Obamas is gonna win again. I'll bet on it.

Perry is a Tard! What some of us would call a doofus! No chance.

Romney is a liberal gun grabber in disguise! He will never stand strong next to the NRA.
He supported the Brady Bill and Assault Weapons ban. He banned certain types of gun ownership in Mass in an underhanded effort to try to make folks think he was making it easier for them to get other types of guns.
An Ar15 is no more dangerous than your pappys hunting rifle. It is the person wielding the gun who commits the crime not the weapon itself.

Ask yourself this. Let's imagine the founding fathers could come back to life now.
Show them a bolt action rifle and an Ak47. Ask them which gun they would rather civilians have in order to protect this country and constitution from all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. The answer is clear.
They would want you to have the most modern capable weapon of the time. At the time the 2nd amendment was written there was no differentiation between a military weapon and a civilian weapon. They were both one and the same. Nowadays there is a diff and nobody would ever convince me Thomas Jefferson would no want us owning military style weapons to properly be able to carry out his wishes. Romney does not believe this and will never get my vote.

Perry is a Tard! What some of us would call a doofus! No chance.

Romney is a liberal gun grabber in disguise! He will never stand strong next to the NRA.
He supported the Brady Bill and Assault Weapons ban. He banned certain types of gun ownership in Mass in an underhanded effort to try to make folks think he was making it easier for them to get other types of guns.
An Ar15 is no more dangerous than your pappys hunting rifle. It is the person wielding the gun who commits the crime not the weapon itself.

Ask yourself this. Let's imagine the founding fathers could come back to life now.
Show them a bolt action rifle and an Ak47. Ask them which gun they would rather civilians have in order to protect this country and constitution from all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. The answer is clear.
They would want you to have the most modern capable weapon of the time. At the time the 2nd amendment was written there was no differentiation between a military weapon and a civilian weapon. They were both one and the same. Nowadays there is a diff and nobody would ever convince me Thomas Jefferson would no want us owning military style weapons to properly be able to carry out his wishes. Romney does not believe this and will never get my vote.
the problem with that argument is how many civilans have used an assault rifle for personal protection vs. how many criminals have used it to committ crimes?

assault rifles are for war not personal protection. most who would ever shoot an assault rifle would be dangerously inaccurate with them and the bullets would penetrate a human body like butter and strike someone else and kill innocent people. assault rifles have no place in the civilan world.

Romney is a liberal gun grabber in disguise! He will never stand strong next to the NRA

Interesting perspective.

But his views on gun laws are not really the prime factors in my looking askance at Romney.... there are a raft of other concerns that bother me about this guy.

They also concern Red State, and you can't find much more right-of-center blog on Capitol Hill than Red State:

Red State: if Romney is the nominee, conservatism dies and Barack Obama wins

A quote from the above link:

Mitt Romney, on the other hand, is a man devoid of any principles other than getting himself elected. As much as the American public does not like Barack Obama, they loath a man so fueled with ambition that he will say or do anything to get himself elected. Mitt Romney is that man.

So gnbrett your telling me bullets from assault weapons are more dangerous than bullets fired from another type of weapon. You ask the question find your own answer.

Google how many legal machine guns in this country have ever been used in a crime.
One of the two was owned by a cop. Assault weapons are the very weapons we are supposed to own.
If and when it comes time to act or take this country back what weapon are you gonna reach for. Won't be your hunting gun. Also ask how many legal assault weapons are owned by folks like me who don't commit crimes with them compared to the amount of bad guys committing crimes with them. It is an extremely small percentage of bad guys.
I have a right given to me to own guns, period. If they had meant any difderent they would have said so.

Interesting perspective.

But his views on gun laws are not really the prime factors in my looking askance at Romney.... there are a raft of other concerns that bother me about this guy.

They also concern Red State, and you can't find much more right-of-center blog on Capitol Hill than Red State:

Red State: if Romney is the nominee, conservatism dies and Barack Obama wins

A quote from the above link:

If he waffles on guns he will waffle on other things. He won't get my vote.

the problem with that argument is how many civilans have used an assault rifle for personal protection vs. how many criminals have used it to committ crimes?

assault rifles are for war not personal protection. most who would ever shoot an assault rifle would be dangerously inaccurate with them and the bullets would penetrate a human body like butter and strike someone else and kill innocent people. assault rifles have no place in the civilan world.

Criminals are going to have them whether they are legal or not. It's only the law abiding citizens that get hurt by these laws.

If and when it comes time to act or take this country back what weapon are you gonna reach for. Won't be your hunting gun.

Saiid I agree with you but.......
My hunting rifle will be the first I will grab. I do not live in a big city nor will I be near one if/when the time comes to take up arms. I will be in a place where distance is a huge ally. In that case a single well place bullet is more lethal than 100 in a spray and pray scenario. Other than that I readily agree with your post that I quoted a portion of.

:D

Saiid I agree with you but.......
My hunting rifle will be the first I will grab. I do not live in a big city nor will I be near one if/when the time comes to take up arms. I will be in a place where distance is a huge ally. In that case a single well place bullet is more lethal than 100 in a spray and pray scenario. Other than that I readily agree with your post that I quoted a portion of.

:D

Why does it has to be spray and pray with these guns. I've got a couple Armalites that are every bit as accurate as most bolt guns. But then if a couple Zombies pop up I'll be able to knock em down like prairie dogs :)

Ok back on topic and apologies to Brett for the threadjack.

Perry is goofy
Romney is a wolf in Sheeps clothing and not honest to even himself.
And I hope Cain passes out free pizza. I like Godfathers :)

I still can't believe this is the best us Conservatives can do. We got plenty of bright talented people.

If there's a dark horse that's waited late to announce (Rubio, or even Christie if he changed his mind - he's smoke Obama in a debate) they'd better do it soon, so they have time to be fully vetted before the primaries (we don't need any more 'revelations' aka Cain).

At this moment, I think Romney would beat Obama as ANYBODY would be better - But I don't think Mitt's the right person either. That article linked above hits too close to the mark.

Back