Can parents force their child to have an abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in pa they have the "act 14" law which means that at the age of 14 the parents have NO RIGHTS when it comes to the medical decisions of the child, its the child's decision

Parents nowadays cant force their children to do their homework or behave out in public :banghead: I dont know the laws per state or federal regulation but Im willing to bet that it doesnt matter the age they cant force them to have an abortion. As soon as CNN or TMZ gets a hold of it them parents would be under sooo much scrutiny and criticism from every activist group in the world they wouldnt stand a chance :whistle:

for my child....I get the say so until she is 18. The rest of you can make up your own minds about your OWN children.

Its not an abortion, its a murder, and if its not a baby you aint pregnent. You can go to jail for mistreting a dam cat, but you can have some doctor rip your baby into pieces and throw it in the trash?:banghead:

Its not an abortion, its a murder, and if its not a baby you aint pregnent. You can go to jail for mistreting a dam cat, but you can have some doctor rip your baby into pieces and throw it in the trash?:banghead:

I wanted to click you comment.... a million times my Friend

Millions of children are murdered every day and nothing is done about it. A few are murdered in a school and the whole country is up in arms about it... :banghead:

Just because a 10 year olds body has matured enough to produce babies doesn't mean there bodies can safely handle it. This is a delicate subject. I don't like abortions but I support an adult Women's right to do it. She is the one who has to live with the consequences of her actions. There should be a cut off of when the child has the right to say and when the adult patents of said child have a say. I think 16 is a fair number for the child to say yes or no. 15 or less and I the parent gets to decide for you. The adult parent should also be allowed to tell that same 16 or 17 year old that by keeping the baby against the parents advice that you can legally Kick them out the door. If a 16 year old girl has the legal right to keep the baby then the parents should have the legal right to say I'm not paying to raise you and your baby. If your adult enough to keep the baby you should be adult enough to raise and support it.

I'm not saying I personally would do any of that I'm just saying as parents we should have the right to decide things for our minor child, or be allowed to separate our responsibility for them . My wife's side of the family has this very problem.... A cycle of young births.... A cycle that my wife and I swore would end with our 14 year old daughter. My mother in law gave birth to my daughter just before her 17th birthday, my wife got pregnant at 16 and gave birth at 17. My mother in law was a grandma at 33! I need to stop this cycle before it messes up my daughters life. I will be dammed if I'm going to grandpa at 36 and have my mother in law a great grandma by the time she's 49 or 50. Can you imagine??? What if that cycle kept repeating. She could be a great-great grandma by the time she was retiring at 67.

Neither my wife or mother in law finished college or got good paying jobs. They both have had to either rely on a man to help them or live poor. My wife and I want better for our daughter. God help me if she gets pregnant while still in high school. I don't know what I'll do. I just don't know.

Did anyone ask for your opinion on whether or not abortion should be ok? No. Stick to the subject at hand, please.

Can parents force their child to undergo a medical procedure that they dont want to do? Thats an interesting question, actually...I'd tend to say that its dependent on the circumstances; interviewing the patient would tell you more about whether or not they were mentally able to understands the risks of the procedure and are able to give truly informed consent. I'd tend to say that a person's mental state and understanding of their situation has a LOT more to do with whether or not their parents should have final say than how long its been since they were brought into this world.

In years past, we've all kind of decided this subject is just one that's way too touchy and gets way too many up in arms...

Closing it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back