Can one live with Dsl after having Broadband??????

8Daytona8

Donating Member
Registered
Hey anyone! Has any gone from Hi speed broadband to say DSL and liked it, or could live with the slower speed! 40 to 20 worth it? Man i can't believe how a few hrs of overtime can hurt the hell out of ya???
bluegrab.gif

all_coholic.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Yeah, it sux...but go back to dialup and you'll be thrilled with DSL!
tounge.gif

How about goin' from Broadband to Dial-up !
wow.gif
guns.gif
crazy.gif
Home budget cutbacks !

ouch...i pay 80 a month for "broadband" of 8mb (ha) down and 500 up (pittiful) but that is the highest available in our rural area and me and the kids game alot

The DSL in my area (read rural) is not that much slower than cable. I went to speakeasy.com and at my buddies house and my house the dl speed was about the same. To me the money saved is worth the extra few seconds it takes to access the board or dl music. Also I dont "game" online or do alot of movie downloads. That may make a diffrence in what you want also.

rock.gif
Hi speed internet access offered by the telco's (DSL), Cable TV, and the new kid on the block, Satellite TV are all broadband. In my area, DSL is limited to 6Mbps, Cable is limited to 8Mbps. Cable is good if the run you're on is not over populated. The more users on line, the slower the speed, less users the faster, up to the limit. With DSL the speed isn't affected by the number of users on line, but by the distance from the central office, SLAM and other switch traffic. At my previous address, I was at the end of the line, and the speed was slow 400 - 900Kbps for 384Kbps to 1.5Mbps service. I have sinced moved and am closer to the central office, my speed is now 1.9 - 2.8Mbps for 1.5 to 3.0Mbps service. Hope to upgrade to 6Mbps later. The slowest DSL or Cable is still better than dial-up.

compared to dial up you will be happy, people i know that use dsl are happy with the speed.

All the shopping and i got no where! If i go with DSL and another IP $37.00 per month its about the same as where i am now $44.00 per month and is only for 6 to 12 mos then it goes to ?? I'm stuck with cable modem i guess!
all_coholic.gif
bowdown.gif

I went from Optimum Cable to Verizon DSL and I still dont regret it. Best move I ever did. The difference in speed is BARELY noticeable to the naked eye. Cheaper too!

Back