Can i use a dry 50 shoot and not hurt motor

dragbusajoe

Registered
I have a 2003 busa it made 163 with extened swing arm i was told that is very good i have a 50 shoot now is it safe to use with out fear of blowing my motor

Bone Stock Busa right down to the exhaust.

Fast_FI_Dry_NOS_Graph-1.jpg

go with 40 shot with the stock, your playing with fire on the 50 you could get burnt.

Greg is there a way to add extra fuel using the ECU editor only when spraying? I want to spray on a button, but I don't want the ECU adding fuel all of the time, only when I hit the button....

according to ryan at schnitz racing,,[you can pull up the chart in the NOS section,,,a 50 shot[ #38 jet] you need to add 17% more fuel at 100% throttle,,ussually starting at 7000rpm,is where I have mine at,,Im useing a 40 shot with 16% more fuel,by way of P.C,,at 7000 rpm,,,you only need 15 % for a 40 shot by their standards,,when i first got my kit,I made 1 run without a PC and my cans where burning up,,,its too lean and youll cook the pistons,,,,plus you have to add more fuel with the NOS to get the 40 HP,,so if you use a 40[#34} jet hp shot without more fuel,,you will not have 40 extra hp,,when i bought my PC soon after,,,it made a huge difference,,,and the motor stays cool,,,,,some companys recommend[such as pingel} to aim the nozzle at the temperature control switch in the air box so when the NOS hits it,,it tricks the ECU to think its still in warm up mode and gives you 10% more fuel needed for the Nos,,,[see pingels website],,,I opted for PC,,and the 2lb bottle hidden in the hump,,schnitz,has a all steel braided line kit that is sweet,,,,Im like you,,,I dont want to cook my motor,,,you can call them or browse their websites,,,,good luck,,,,

Last edited:
according to ryan at schnitz racing,,[you can pull up the chart in the NOS section,,,a 50 shot[ #38 jet] you need to add 17% more fuel at 100% throttle,,ussually starting at 7000rpm,is where I have mine at,,Im useing a 40 shot with 16% more fuel,by way of P.C,,at 7000 rpm,,,you only need 15 % for a 40 shot by their standards,,when i first got my kit,I made 1 run without a PC and my cans where burning up,,,its too lean and youll cook the pistons,,,,plus you have to add more fuel with the NOS to get the 40 HP,,so if you use a 40[#34} jet hp shot without more fuel,,you will not have 40 extra hp,,when i bought my PC soon after,,,it made a huge difference,,,and the motor stays cool,,,,,some companys recommend[such as pingel} to aim the nozzle at the temperature control switch in the air box so when the NOS hits it,,it tricks the ECU to think its still in warm up mode and gives you 10% more fuel needed for the Nos,,,[see pingels website],,,I opted for PC,,and the 2lb bottle hidden in the hump,,schnitz,has a all steel braided line kit that is sweet,,,,Im like you,,,I dont want to cook my motor,,,you can call them or browse their websites,,,,good luck,,,,

Did you make your map from a dyno or ? Will you post your map?

I placed as directed my single nozzle in the front of the airbox like smithabusa did,,,ryan at schnitz racing reommended it,drill the hole right between the 2 ram air inlets,,then the Nos when activated has to go to the upper floor thru the filter to the throttlebodies for an even distribution,,exspecially if you still {like I do] have the factory stacks,,,,,I had my map tweaked to the max,,,no surgeing,and a boatload of power even without the NOS,,,,,,I will post for you when my wife gets home [she knows how to drag the maps out of the dynojet file,,and I will post it,,,,,It took me 3 good tweaks to get this right,,,,try the map,,if you dont like it,,just pull it out,,all bikes repond different,,but im running a bonstock busa[cans and all] its an 04,,ive had it since new,,when I post the map...I;ll show you where I twaeked it in the low range and the added fuel at full throttle,,,,I will try to have it up for you this evening,,,,,,,by Gods grace this bike is now nasy fast,and the motor stays cool,,It will bring the front wheel staright up in 3rd just bt hitting the 40 shot,,,,smithabusa is correct,,,you can have all he best parts in the world,,,but it has to be tuned,,,my bike is running like a madman with just a 40 on it

Last edited:
go with 40 shot with the stock, your playing with fire on the 50 you could get burnt.

+1

I've seen 40 be ok and 60 float valves on the stock motor when run hard enough, so personally I'd stay away from the 50 shot~!~

PS: Keep in mind that's WOT for a longer period than most will run, so...in the 1/4 my guess is it might be ok

Last edited:
Hi Jeepinocala, Here's the custom map that you requested that I am running on a stock '04 busa with a 40 shot.

Attachments

• bobbers map.doc
    225.5 KB · Views: 272
My wife had to over lay to get the whole map up,,so it looks like 2 maps,,but the bottom map is a over lay at about 6000 rpm;s,,,,,and if you noticed,,I added 16% instaed of the 15%,, shcnitz wanted 15 % over the factory dyno map from dybo jet which was 8% already and that wouldve put the extra fuel at 23%,,,,,,at 100% throttle at 7000 rpms,,,,,I opted for what you see and im glad I did,,,I get to run it without NOS and it feels like a 20 hp boost with this map alone and its insane with it picking the front tire straight up in the air at 8000rpm in 3rd on a roll on hitting the NOS ,,pm me if you need anything,,,,,,,,,bobber,,,,,,,p.s...God blessed me today with a brand new set of pilot powers....

Last edited:
Back