Can I get a taller speedometer? I'm passing 190 stock and would like to see how fast

Re: Can I get a taller speedometer? I'm passing 190 stock and would like to see how f

i honestly dont care that mine is off....i just pace or exceed traffic speed and call it good.:laugh:

Re: Can I get a taller speedometer? I'm passing 190 stock and would like to see how f

I was pretty dissappointed myself the first time some one told me how far off they are, it aint only the mighty busa either.

i honestly dont care that mine is off....i just pace or exceed traffic speed and call it good.:laugh:

Keep in mind that if your speedo is reading faster than it should the odometer will be clocking miles faster as well.

Keep in mind that if your speedo is reading faster than it should the odometer will be clocking miles faster as well.

Another good point! That, in of itself, may be worth getting a speedohealer or equivalent if you plan on selling your bike at some point.

I wouldnt be looking at my Speedometer at 180MPH.:poke:

That's what I was thinking...watch the tach, but get something that records your speed and worry about it after you come back down to earth and make a safe shut down.

Something I liked at Maxton was the little lady with a chalkboard would write down our speeds at the shut down. If I didn't beat my last speed then I didn't bother stopping for a slip.

gps is the way to go

06+5 and I put the speedo healer on both our bikes and I checked it with my GPS. It is good up to 80 or 90 MPH. I have not checked it any feather.

I was pretty dissappointed myself the first time some one told me how far off they are, it aint only the mighty busa either.

Kind of makes you wonder since devices like the Speedohealer and SpeedoDRD are available, why manufacturers just don't build the same correcting electronics into the ECU or its programming?

Kind of makes you wonder since devices like the Speedohealer and SpeedoDRD are available, why manufacturers just don't build the same correcting electronics into the ECU or its programming?

Keep your thinking inside the box and like the bike you bought!:laugh:
That kind of thinking makes too much sense.
Besides, it would cost a couple grand extra anyway. :laugh:

I didnt know that? So when I am pegged out, I am not doing 190mph. So your saying that when I am up there in speed, my speedometer is actually wrong? But a speedo healer will allow my bike to read the correct speed?
You may or may not. My '08 is dead on at 70 MPH. Get a GPS and check it and also check max speed :whistle: I would love to have the money to get 220 gauges. I would think that 300 would be a little ridiculous , but hey it's your ride .

I took mine back to the dealer after I found that it was 5.2% off and I was told that there is nothing that they could do about it. It seems we are forced to buy something to fix what should be correct from the factory. No you don't have to have it but one thing is for sure if you get a ticket you will lose in court. JMO

I took mine back to the dealer after I found that it was 5.2% off and I was told that there is nothing that they could do about it. It seems we are forced to buy something to fix what should be correct from the factory. No you don't have to have it but one thing is for sure if you get a ticket you will lose in court. JMO

Shouldn't have to worry about a ticket.
If you are doing 55 you will really be doing about 50-52.
Speedo reads high; not low.

Shouldn't have to worry about a ticket.
If you are doing 55 you will really be doing about 50-52.
Speedo reads high; not low.

But you have to ride faster to compensate:laugh:

I am running a 46t rear and at 50 to 60 im dead on i checked with multiple other vehicles. do you think i get way off at higher speeds?

I am running a 46t rear and at 50 to 60 im dead on i checked with multiple other vehicles. do you think i get way off at higher speeds?

Yes, and I have a 46t rear on my gen2.

GENII Speedos are off from the factory around 8%
Pegged 185 minus the 8% error = 23.1
23.1 - 185 = 161 MPH...

I just put a 220 Speedo Faceplate on my 09

Yeap. When I did my 1550 mile run this summer, my odometer was off by almost 90 miles and read 1640. That's a 90 mile difference every 1500ish miles. So after 15,000 miles, that's close to a 1000.

Speedo's are off BIG TIME! I have a Yellow Box and that's nothin' I put a GPS on that has a Max Speed on it. Problem Solved....

Back