can anyone figure this out?

jeffm007can

Registered
here is a piece that was laying under my 2005 Hayabusa after some detailing - its about 1 inch long -any guesses?

pin.jpg

Sorry i should say to be correct aftermarket rear axle cotter pin!

here is a piece that was laying under my 2005 Hayabusa after some detailing - its about 1 inch long -any guesses?

Its not a rear axle cottor pin - and its not the cottor for the hub brace. I thought it looked like a caliper part but I ruled that out.

ANY MORE IDEAS?

Ive never seen such a part and Ive had my bike in pieces more times than Id like to count. Possible that you picked it up when riding? That belly wing can gather up rocks a debris pretty well, just a thought.

Is their a cotter key / pin on the brake bar ? Some bikes have them... I haven't looked for mine... its hard for me to get down that low! lol !

Is their a cotter key / pin on the brake bar ? Some bikes have them... I haven't looked for mine... its hard for me to get down that low! lol !

No sir, least there wasnt on mine, unless that .2mi the dealer put on it rattle'd it out :laugh:

thats some sort of spring clip, but not one ive seen on the busa

Do you have a Harbor Freight lift? That's exactly what the retainer pins for the removable ramp look like on mine.

have you took your tranny apart? looks like #24 part # 09444-20001 on the gear shifter assembly but the busa one looks different.
do you own a kawasaki???

Back