can anyone answer this...civilly?

pbghost

Registered
ok...it's funny(not in the humorous way) on how we got all up in arms over M.J.s life/death/jokes. granted, some comments were direct against him and borderline, but c'mon now...right or wrong, what's done is done. as I stated in another thread, most jokes are between 10-15 years old at least, some were updated, but still the same old crap. alot of celebs have jokes blown way outta proportion depending on their previous status. the higher you are, the harder people try to take you down. since his passing, we hear the collection all at once. any how, here's my question:
personally I've heard more jokes in my lifetime about Micheal Jackson(who did do a lot of GOOD and helped change a culture)than about Adolf Hitler, more about Hellen Keller (who did do a lot of good for the blind / deaf / dumb) than about Saddam Hussein, more about different religeous beliefs and their leaders (including ones about Jesus and even God himself) than about serial killers,gangbangers, and theives. I could keep going on, but I hope y'all get what I'm getting at. anyhow...why is this?:poke:

How much "good" does it take to make the "wrong" acceptable? I could care less if he died, just my opinion.

(to me), some wrongs are never acceptable, but also (just my views)they don't void out the good either. but basically my question was "why are there so many jokes about celebs (M.J. is just current & plentiful),do- gooders, etc and few about the "evil" or career bad guys so to speak??? I'm not defending anyone by any means, just curious.:beerchug:

my guess is because most jokes these days are geared at getting a "rise" out of the people listening... I understand where your coming from though I really wish I lived back in the 50s where people seemed to have a bit more tact then these days

Bc its funny to make fun of good people. Bad people dont deserve jokes! Adof killed a ton of people not too much to work with there, Sadam gassed his own people not funny, Serial killers, gangbangers, ect not funny to joke about... Dieing by a 5 year old wiener funny bc he was never convicted... i dont know just pulled that out of my ass just a thought though

Let it rest, the whole thing stinks. The more you stir it up, the more it stinks. There is enough of it on TV and radio. Let it go, stop making more threads about him.
People who idolize him will continue, those who don't will not change. Get back to Hayabusa topics, the only thing that really matters.

Last edited:
I'm tired of hearing about Wacko Jacko in general. I didn't like him when he was popular, and my affection for him didn't grow with time and his increasing wierdness.
Sorry, he's a long has been pop star that died. So what?
Let's move along now to more interesting things, like the too high price of good beer these days.
??????

Let's move along now to more interesting things, like the too high price of good beer these days.
??????

tell me about it...I was gonna get some Shiner black last night...$15.99 a 12 pack,changed my mind, saved a buck and got a case of natty light instead, by the time the box is empty, it doesn't matter anyways:whistle:

Let it rest, the whole thing stinks. The more you stir it up, the more it stinks. There is enough of it on TV and radio. Let it go, stop making more threads about him.
People who idolize him will continue, those who don't will not change. Get back to Hayabusa topics, the only thing that really matters.

not intended as another (you know who) post.was just generally speaking. I think Nick7 prolly hit it perfect:thumbsup:

He was never convicted because he paid out millions in dollars for the silence of the boys that he molested and the families of those victims. That is my opinion.

. but basically my question was "why are there so many jokes about celebs (M.J. is just current & plentiful),do- gooders, etc and few about the "evil" or career bad guys so to speak??? I'm not defending anyone by any means, just curious.:beerchug:

not intended as another (you know who) post.was just generally speaking:whistle:

He was never convicted because he paid out millions in dollars for the silence of the boys that he molested and the families of those victims. That is my opinion.

That's not an opinion. That is a FACT!

IMO, If you had known him you might not think he was all that wierd. From what Ive heard he had done a lot of good with his money. Giving generously to many charities and friends. HE paid the money to those families just get past the issue so he could live his life again. Him paying the money did nothing to stop the legal prosecutions case against him, Lack of credibility and evidence did that. He was found not guilty, so by the system we have set up he should not have been further persecuted. But have your own opinions by all means. l

did good with his money? wasnt he broke as hell and going bankrupt? If i remember correctly all he had left was 15% of sony music or somthing like that

yeah he did good with it. I was not talking about managing so he could be a billionaire. Other than his ranch and his defence stuff he gave a lot of it away. I heard he was in the hole about 400 million. Ive seen a lot of interviews with a great many stories about how generous he was.

once again this is NOT about M.J. ... there are a few other threads about him. just trying out to figure if there is any real reason we choose not to joke about non celebrity bad guys or stuff like that. I have my own personal thoughts, nick7 is close ,but am curious what other diverse thoughts are out there. that's what I love about this board. where else can I get multi-national imput from basically all walks of life? oh, and nick, he did do a lot of charities, especially support for Africa and for underpriveleged children...before all the scandals started. like alot of celebs & athletes, etc...foolishly lost the $$$

Back