Can anybody translate my dyno chart? (pics)

Ampz

Registered
Just got it done today. I have no idea what I'm looking at with these 2 charts, can anyone explain these?

20130523_185346.jpg

20130523_185408.jpg

Looks like 181 horsepower and 107lb ft of torque to begin with
And 195 horsepower with 114lb ft or torque after mods.

Those are nice healthy gains.
What mods were done?

For performance the only thing is brocks short meg with pc5. Everything else is cosmetic. I'm shocked the chart didn't show max speed. Isn't max speed a normal item on a chart?

The only thing I know is that my dyno shuts off at 200mph. You've got great numbers. I'd heavily doubt its not a 200mph bike.

The only thing I know is that my dyno shuts off at 200mph. You've got great numbers. I'd heavily doubt its not a 200mph bike.

What a dyno says and the real world will allow you to do are two different things.
It takes more than just a few mods and a twist of the wrist to physically break 200mph on these bikes.
Do not believe for a second that because a dyno says a bike will go 200 mph that it actually will. Simply isn't true.

Do a search here and you will find what it actually take to do a deuce.

So, Blanca, I can see from the number of posts on your Avatar that there's no sense getting into a quarrel with you. So my dyno says I have a 200mph bike. Nothing more, nothing less. Nic

My number of posts means nothing. Only means I like to talk alot here :laugh:

But I have been here long enough to have gotten to know several folks who do LSR events as well as some nuts who just run flat out for miles on Florida roads...:whistle:
I've got dyno charts that say same thing but my GPS hasn't hit that number in the real world ever.
You need more than just a few mods and a dyno to do an honest 200mph in the real world. 190s yes but 200 is number that becomes difficult to do each mph as you get closer. Not being mean at all just repeating what I've learned here in four years. Tuned and ready to do 200 yes but you still need to lower it a bit, change the sprockets so the chassis can roll past the number and have the right conditions to put it down. It ain't easy and that's why those here who have done it value their 200mph club status.

When I first got her the one main thing I wanted to do was break 200. Then I got a ticket for 90!

For performance the only thing is brocks short meg with pc5. Everything else is cosmetic. I'm shocked the chart didn't show max speed. Isn't max speed a normal item on a chart?

You have 2 sheets Ampz. One could also contain info like"High Speed Air fuel Ratio" things like that. One side usually has Flywheel Power(HP) the other side Flywheel Torque usually rated in FtLB or foot pounds. you have a high number on the ftlb line which is awesome. Some folks say its torque than wins the drag race.

Keep those sheets as a great reference point for future mods and adjustments. Those those big numbers will look good on the wall in your shop too.

RSD.

What a dyno says and the real world will allow you to do are two different things.
It takes more than just a few mods and a twist of the wrist to physically break 200mph on these bikes.
Do not believe for a second that because a dyno says a bike will go 200 mph that it actually will. Simply isn't true.

Do a search here and you will find what it actually take to do a deuce.

This man is correct! It's not as easy as you might think.

So, Blanca, I can see from the number of posts on your Avatar that there's no sense getting into a quarrel with you. So my dyno says I have a 200mph bike. Nothing more, nothing less. Nic

You must remember that you'll also be facing drag in the real world, and the relationship between engine power and top speed is not linear. You may see 200 hp Busas doing 200 mph, but you won't see a 400 hp Busa hit 400 mph. Obviously gearing comes into play with such high speeds, but that is not relevant to my point.

Back