Can a turbo busa be a daily driver?

JaviBUSA08

Registered
Hello,

I have heard so many things about putting a turbo on a busa. Can a turbo busa be a daily driver? Or it will cause to many problems..?

With the proper install and tune they are as reliable as a stocker I have 12K miles on mine and it goes to and from work everyday on pump gas

ha busa's are bullet proof no big surprise
Hmmmmmmmmmm  very misleading.  Turbo Busas can be used daily, they can also be blown up easy with out the proper precautions, including A/f Turbo Boost and Fuel presure guages, with the ability to read them.  One high speed run for a few seconds can kill your motor with out the precautions.

I have put 2600 miles on my turbo busa in the last 3 months as well as at least 10 nights at the track, all on pump gas. The only problem I have had is keeping a rear tire on it. Like they said, You Have To Have It Tuned, Johnny Cheese tuned mine to 276hp on pump gas

ha busa's are bullet proof no big surprise
Well I wouldn't go quite that far I did cook mine once but that wasn't the bikes fault, truth is nothing you can do to your motor is going to give you the reliable every day power a turbo will, big cc N/A motors 1397,1430,1507 do ok but if you get near the HP of a turbo your not going to drive it to and from work every day on pump gas

How would a turbo be for consistency in bracket racing? As compared to a big bore streetable engine. What kind of horsepower would a streetable 1507 put out? I want to go turbo or a big bore this winter and probably do some bracket racing next season.

How would a turbo be for consistency in bracket racing? As compared to a big bore streetable engine. What kind of horsepower would a streetable 1507 put out? I want to go turbo or a big bore this winter and probably do some bracket racing next season.
Personally I wouldn't ride a 1507 much on the street, everyone I've known don't last a long time. Turbo on the other hand if tuned properly will last as long as a stocker.
laugh.gif

I will be adding a turbo pretty soon and it will be used primarly as a daily driver. I've concluded that if you go with stage 1 its probably wise to stay with in 6-7#boost as you will be running an FMU, I think I will be running a stage 1 with secondaries (pretty much a stage 2) That way I can safely run a little more boost and this being my first turbo if I like it then I can go in and build my motor. If you are referring to a gen 2 I think 4#boost is the max you wanna put on them. Hope this helps

I had a 1585cc since 2004. Street ridden for tons of miles, on regular pump gas, and even some top speed runs. Finaly over the winter I decided to tear it down. The only "damage" was one worn bucket on the intake side. Everything else was fine. It's been dynoed a few times and torque at the rear wheel (corrected, and all the blah blah) was 137 and an honest 215 hp.

If the motor is built right and not maxed out it can last. The biggest hurdle is the heat. Can it be resolved, yes. I had my bike down in Florida in July of '06 and had no problems even when sitting in traffic on rte 1. I couldn't take the heat/humidity but my engine did fine.

Which ever route you take alot of it comes down to a good tune and staying on the censervative side. Stay within these bounds and you'll be happy either way.  
beerchug.gif

Hello,

I have heard so many things about putting a turbo on a busa. Can a turbo busa be a daily driver? Or it will cause to many problems..?
I hope so. My baby is in the shop getting an RCC Stage I (with a few extra goodies). I plan on continuing to use her as a daily driver.

As said before the install and more so the tune is most important, on a bike with stock comp keep the boost at 6 psi or less and a custom dyno map the motor will stay as long as a stocker, this should give you 240+ HP, one thing some stage1 kits do away with the oil cooler, I would prefer to keep it

Back