Can a Gen 1 keep up with newer bikes?

Getting faster.

D7538987-5AD1-440B-A09E-1298F9AEAF61.png

I haven't tried the 60-130 hits, id like to see what the boosted bike does in that but anything over the spring and just the spring at that would prolly spin.

my buddies gen 1 turbo busa did 60-130 in 3.31 on a 9 pounds spring. I need to fill my bottle and try again. I think it can go a little faster. At the end of the year I will up the jet and really push this stock motor.

Ive got a 5.75lb spring but it usually goes up to 8 or so. I don't remember it being so annoyingly higher above spring pressure but lately it has been. tears up the road in anything under 4th. I did a 4th gear pull once from 4k at maybe 40mph and it started to spool around 70 and went to 160 quick, fumbled air shift around 150 to 5th. Will always be faster on co2 or brake boosting though.

Today I took both bike to the track to do some testing. My slick bike I changed gearing so I wanted to see if that helped and start dialing that thing In. But I forgot my lap top at home so I couldn’t change tunes or do anything. So that didn’t get many passes. But this stock motor bike I got about 12 passes on it. 1st couple passes were rough but after that I got better. Here’s my best on motor and the other time slip is on spray. Only made 2 passes on spray and I think it has a lot left in it. Just need more seat time. Later this year I will take it back and see if I can improve a lot more. Track was not prepped well and traction was hard to find.

D6E15DF0-5E9E-4FF8-A247-B8E7259A3C34.jpeg

760F6168-E6FA-4ECB-A69C-AD5507FB0842.jpeg

I was able to get a race lined up with a buddy that has a built motor turbo busa. Bike is on 6 psi I believe. Also got a rematch with a gen 2 busa I raced a couple weeks ago. My bike is still running strong. Hope to get a couple more street runs in then go to the track and see if I can get a 8.8 or better out of it.

I was able to get a race lined up with a buddy that has a built motor turbo busa. Bike is on 6 psi I believe. Also got a rematch with a gen 2 busa I raced a couple weeks ago. My bike is still running strong. Hope to get a couple more street runs in then go to the track and see if I can get a 8.8 or better out of it.

Except for the last pull, the other bikes looked like they were dragging anchors behind them

Back