Can A Busa be push started?

8Daytona8

Donating Member
Registered
The question was asked but never answered on another post. I have never needed to try it YET but know if it stales when its cold and I'm rolling up to my first stop, just pop the clutch! Only thing happens is rear tire slide! Maybe a hier gear?
beerchug.gif

When I had my '02, I had to roll it downhill to start it once when the battery wasn't enough to get the beast energized.

Dependant on what's causing the issue you're having, of course, it can be done.

Time to consult the experts at the shop.

Good luck~

My 01 used to NOT START with the button once and a while, I used to put it in second and run her down a little and it started everytime, if you stall and your going 10mph just let the clutch out easy and shift your weight back.
I have a freind who has a 200hp zx12r and he weighs 165 lbs wet, I seen him jumpstart it a few times because he breaks something in the starter at least twice a year and the bike has 13-1 compression with a big bore kit..
And by the way I finally figured out it was a bad wire in the harness making my 01 not start, after I changed the starter, start butto, tip over sensor, kisckstand sensor, and clutch sensor!!!

Yeah, you can push start the Busa. Just use second gear and ease the clutch out  
beerchug.gif

Man what a great bunch of folk on this site!(4 the most part) always ready to share their knowledge, experiences, expertises, My baby starts every time so far! but it was asked and it seemed that when I let out the Clutch lever the rear tire wouldn't turn the eng at all. Now does anyone have a view of a Bosch Direct injection pump hung on this old 67 250SL I think I'm going to restore
rock.gif
 #2 & #6 won't fuel the injector. All others are fine. Sat 4 ever with gas in system. I took the bonnetts out and cleaned but no fix!!  
bowdown.gif

FalconTamer and i pushed his off last year at Eureka Springs...i think he had it in second gear...it took a couple tries but it did work
beerchug.gif

"...for the most part"?

Well that oughta make some folks feel a little insecure!

yea here is one for you me and some friends went riding and one of our buddies ended up leading the way next thing we know we were riding on a sidewalk threw a park and it was about midnight and all of the sudden we seen a bouncing tail light and then it was on the ground. well he miss the turn jumped off the bike.. he ended up braking a mirror and his clutch off.
so it was pretty funny to see him get the bike going. he put it in Neutral and then take off running with the bike and pop it in gear but there was a problem he really couldnt stop so the rest of the night stop signs didnt exist and well red lights always looked green
all_coholic.gif

I belive if its only a battery issue any standard transmission vehicle can be push/bump started.
Sometimes if the compression of the vehicle is too high the clutch has to be let out in higher gears , 2nd or 3rd, for the bike OR car to start.

I let my idle get a little too low and died a couple of times rolling to a stop. I popped the clutch and she sprang right back to life.

If the issue it the tire sliding, try bouncing down on the seat as you release the clutch. That will give the tire a little more traction.

Let's be clear, "YES" as long as you have enough charge in the battery to power-up the fuel injection, and the spark coils......if you turn on the key and the dash lights are dim, or barely lit....THEN YOU CAN PUSH ALL NIGHT, AND YOU AIN'T GETTIN' NOTHING !!!!".......
super.gif

2nd gear works like a charm.............
wink.gif

And remember to turn the key AND the kill switch to the run position first
super.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jul. 15 2007,12:flamethrowing:) And remember to turn the key AND the kill switch to the run position first  
super.gif
Nice mental pic! Dude running and running, jumping and jumping. It won't start! It won't start! Only to have the kill switch in the off position! Classic!

Spudley's got it right.

If the Battery is completely dead it ain't happening. Got to have some charge for the fuel pump & ignition.

I used to do it once in a while in the past when one of my older bikes had a weak battery but never on the 'Busa.

Great, now I need to try it on the 'Busa.
all_coholic.gif

Back