Camera SDHC card question for bike.....

buss

Banned
I bought a "replayXD 1080" for my bike and it came with a 4gb SDHC card.

How many hours of recording is that?
I was thinking of getting a 32gb SDHC card for my camera, does anyone know how many hours a 32gb card would be compared to the 4gb card the camera came with.

I run a 16 in my GoPro. Can't tell you how many minutes of video, but I've never had an issue.

You can get a 32gb card online at walmart for $50...sandisk..

4gb card about an hour record time

With 16gb card on 920 setting gets me about 2 to 2 and a half hours record time...

With 32gb card i get about 5-6 hours of record time..

I would suggest getting the battery bac pack also...with regular battery you only get 2-2.5 hours of run time...with bac pack you get 5-6 hours of record time..

Also check what class the card is. Cheaper cards are usually a lower class number and write slower. This affects the video quality. It's not all about size...

I use Kingston Sdhc card in my gopros and never had any problems. I tried cheap nonage cards and they were a waste of money. I'm sue they are ok for using to transfer stuff, but they couldn't keep up with the demands of recording HD.

the 32 gb sandisk i got for $50 has never had any problem writing to it,,,great quality video...wont pay $100 for a 32 gb sd card...

I have a Go Pro HD2 and use a class 10 16 gb card. I feel its best bang for buck when you look at cost and space available. Also . if you plan to take full HD videos , i suggest you use class 4 or higher cards. 1080p should give you around 2 / 2.5 hours of recording on a 16gb.

please-do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg

Read the owner manual and it should recommend a minimum class for that card. Most hd items require class 4 or better. Stay above the minimum and you should be fine.

You might want to make sure the camera will support one that big first. Some are limited to the size. Just a thought

Back