Camera mount installed

The Oracle

Registered
I installed the LP camera mount and my high-8 Sony yesterday... Did some filming of me whipping up on my buddies on CBR 600s... But, alas, I am not ready to post videos yet... A little boring after that Las Vegas stuff...

Anyway, any of you fellow video philes got any tips. I loved the way the Vegas video was filmed (i.e. showing some tach and speedo). So I tried it out on my first go at it.

And, are you ever afraid of being pulled over and then having said video confiscated as evidence against you? Me and the guys have pretty much decided that they will have to take one for the team if the fuzz starts in on us. I won't be stopping 'cause I will have a butt-load of nasty evidence against us onboard.

Here is a puny video that I made the minute I got the mount:
http://www.virtualinks.com/busa/joyride.mpg

Will post better stuff soon enough...

The digital camera are good if you worried about video being used as evidence aginst you, (can they really do that for a traffic violation?) you can quickly erase the data stick, or just remove it and break it as a last resort if your really worried. A ticket costs more than most memory cards i have seen.

If you wanna make a cool vid, just ride and show everyone how skilled you are with the busa (I dont mean wheelies, stoppies, etc..just riders skill). I for one enjoy just watching rides more than any stuntz vid. I have Las Vegas Extremes 1,2, and 3, and judgement day, all 4 are the same stunts repeated over and over. Ghost Rider and Mach videos are my Favorites, tho.

Yes they can and will use that video against you. At some point (don't know exactly) speed becomes a felony and the busa can get there rather quickly. If you have tape and they only pull you over then the tape (like the LA riots) will be used to convict your bros.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Vrip.... ahhhh that sound of clunky Busa transmission. I thought only mine was that noisey. ;)
Jeez, man your tape looks great! Almost NO jittering - is a stabilizer one? Audio is there and listenable - on higher speeds you may need foam over the mic. If your zoomed in at all, zoom out to show more road and guages. You can get a wide-angle lens to see more view of your ride for posterity sake but that will also make the ride LOOK slower, trade off is more side scenery. For fun, try a helmet mount or also a rear facing mount when you are infront of your crew.
I wanted to get a mount for my track day last week but didn't in time. Guess I'll need to goto track again, eh?

Stuff looks great! I Look forward to more of it now that you've teased us! Keep'em coming!

The digital camera are good if you worried about video being used as evidence aginst you, (can they really do that for a traffic violation?) you can quickly erase the data stick, or just remove it and break it as a last resort if your really worried. A ticket costs more than most memory cards i have seen.

If you wanna make a cool vid, just ride and show everyone how skilled you are with the busa (I dont mean wheelies, stoppies, etc..just riders skill). I for one enjoy just watching rides more than any stuntz vid. I have Las Vegas Extremes 1,2, and 3, and judgement day, all 4 are the same stunts repeated over and over. Ghost Rider and Mach videos are my Favorites, tho.
Great idea!

Dang... Now I gotta get a new camera...

Wife is not gonna like this...

Back