Camaro T-tops

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Anybody know a good source to get the passanger side glass t-top for a '98 Camaro? Heres the story of why i need it...
A friend of mine barrowed the car to take a girl out on monday, the weather was warm enough to take the roof off so he did. Got the car back tuesday, no issues reported and put it in the garage until left for work on thursday. I get on the highway, doin about 70mph and everything seems fine. As I'm drivin along i notice 2 coworkers on their way in aswell. They see me and take off, i drop it into 4th a and nail it! I swerve into their lane to show i'm faster, im goin around 100mph and all the sudden "WOOOSH" the top flies off, i pull over knowing its completly destroyed. My friends pull over behind and report it went around 50ft up and smashed down to the highway, fortunatly it didnt hit any other cars. My friend said he will pay for the replacement, but still, not fun, although kinda funny now

No more glass, just weather strip...:banghead:

SANY0514.jpg

Wow...that could of got real ugly (motorcycle) very glad nobody got hurt !!

got any pic.'s of the car ??

Damn.

That happened to me on my busa when I first got it. I went with a double bubble but it was a cheap knock off. I was going down the road with my buddy and he hits it. I in turn twist my wrist and get on it. We were doing about 120 when I felt what seemed like a brick hitting my lid. Good thing I don't wear those beanie helmets anymore.
Whne we installed the thing, we had to force the grommets in the whole so that it would match up with the hole in the fairing. Must have cracked and broke over a period of time. That scared the crap out of me as I know your top flying off did. Good thing no one was behind you.

Check ebay.

Back