Cam chain jump on Gen 2?

busaziggy

Registered
Has anyone ever heard of a Gen 2 busa having the camchain slip and jump a tooth on one of the cam shaft sprockets.?

I strongly suspect that the local shop that I used to do a valve adjust installed my intake camshaft out by one tooth. I had this discovered during a dyno run. My bike would hit 160 hp at 7500 rpm and then make no more horsepower beyond 7500. The dyno guy tried everything he could to solve this. At the end of the day he said that there must be something mechanically wrong. The bike would show the changes he was throwing at it by changing timing, fueling and such including three different ECU flashes but would not break through the 7500 rpm "wall".

I cae back home and took the bike to the original dealer to do an inspection and valve adjust. THe dealer verified that the intake camshaft was one tooth advanced therefor figured that I had the correct valve lift but wrong duration therefore starving the bike of fuel at higher rpm.

My local shop is throwing up smoke screen rather than own up to their mistake. They are saying that "on the internet there is evidence that a bike can have the chain slip and jump a tooth. What I hear them saying is that they are a bunch of weasels and won't own the problem. By throwing smoke they are denying any responsibility to cough up the $500 I am out of pocket to get my bike sorted out. I must now head to the dyno once more for the bike to get sorted .m

Anything can happen but the issue was reduced long ago. This is why tensioner has oil line now to keep extra pressure on tensioner to reduce slip. They full of it

Who was the dealer? SG...Action...Savage?

Who ran your dyno? Interested to know who is flashing now.
I wouldn't trust any of the donkey-dik wrenches on the island even for an oil change.:laugh: Let alone let them at my motor.

35+ years of owning bikes.Used a shop maybe twice. Got screwed once. So for me,I guess you could say that shops fug things up 50% of the time.:rofl:

RSD.

Anything can happen but the issue was reduced long ago. This is why tensioner has oil line now to keep extra pressure on tensioner to reduce slip. They full of it

I'm with daniel on this one too. The tensioner has been updated what...3 times now. Zook might have it right now. Maybe.:dunno:
:laugh:

RSD.

Since someone was just in there, it is a greater probability that they messed up, but anythings possible. Lots of people run the living crap out of these bikes for many, many miles and never have an issue. Lots of people seek these engines. :whistle:

I have nothing nice to say here! '

Moving on!

Back