Calling Skydivr: I need a personal report on flooding in Nashville

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Are you swimming in your house yet ?
All serious, I have family and friends there and cant get ahold of anyone.
CNN is of course glamorizing it and making it look worse possibly than it is ?

Anyone else near flood zone please answer.
Whats going on up there ?
???

Ok, here's the deal. IT's BAD; as bad as it's ever been in my lifetime. Bellvue is a island. Hundreds of homes destroyed. Opryland hotel and the Mall has 8 feet of water in it. Downtown flooded. Water coming up thru the sewer system. River at 52 ft OVER flood stage expected to rise another ft. and crest tonight.

My work is on high ground, but to get in and out is an adventure. Here is a pic at Centennial BLVD and Briley PKWY. Briley ends here. Other pic is Parman Oil Company. It's underwater and all their oil/gas tanks are floating around they have been towing them out all day by hand/boat. Strong smell of oil in the water.

Our power at work went out at about 8:30 PM; we were out all day but got generators to run phone system and mainframe so we could so SOME work but comms out to our other locations. Hope to get that back up tomorrow.

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

Here is Cumberland River at Ashland City on Sunday. River has risen about 8 ft or more since these pics were taken...

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

Wow
Sorry for you .
I know with the way the soil is up there is won't recede quick .
In Florida it can build up like that but usually is gone just as fast due to sandy soil and good drainage .
I had heard about Belle Meade and others but as hilly as I remember it just can't fathom water there ?

Stay dry my friend and if it gets so bad up there you wanna get away come on down .

to give you an idea of how bad it rained here....we received, in 2 days,

28 percent of our ANNUAL rainfall....

Holy cow Keith! Do ya have a boat? Stay safe and I hope the water recedes quickly for y'all

Today we have power and phone but no data comms between our locations yet. Given the troubles others are having we are good. Water down about 1.5 ft since cresting last night. Latest worry is that the remaining functioning water treatment plant in the city may fail; if so, the entire city will have to go on bottled water.....don't expect water to go way down until late in the week.

Today we have power and phone but no data comms between our locations yet. Given the troubles others are having we are good. Water down about 1.5 ft since cresting last night. Latest worry is that the remaining functioning water treatment plant in the city may fail; if so, the entire city will have to go on bottled water.....don't expect water to go way down until late in the week.

Always a good idea to have 10 cases of Bottled water in your house.
You see now you need it.
It wont go bad for yrs.
When this sorts itself out stock up for next time.

My water is good, but there is a run on it in town.

We got data comms late today. This evening my wife (who is a private pilot) and I flew over parts of Cheatham and Davidson county and I shot some HD video. Gonna try and edit it down a little the view is spectacular. Water went down about 1.5 ft during the day today.

Sorry to hear about all the rain you guys are getting. If you need to take a vacation for a couple of days, you can always head over to Phoenix and do some riding.

Sorry to see this. It's hard to imagine what it is like there. I pray everyone will get through it safe.

Back